Setting Up MailWizz

Billblast

I'm having an issue setting up MailWizz to my website. I have followed the steps that are explained in the MailWizz install video, but I'm missing something.

I've created a new folder within public_html within the cPanel of my website, uploaded the files to that folder from the latest file. The next step of the install is where I'm having the issue.

I'm unable to access the index.php file inside of the install file. In the video, the woman then goes to a tab MailWizz Installer and types in website/folder name/install/index.php. In the video, it doesn't show exactly how to get to this tab.

Please help...

Also, do I connect MailWizz direct to my website through the cPanel or do I have to rent a VPS to install and run MailWizz on?

@Billblast - can you give us more details as to what the domain name is and what the url is?
Also, maybe a screenshot from cpanel's file manager showing the documents tree where mailwizz files are added in public_html ?

@twisted1919 I'm not sure what you are referring to when it comes to a domain name, but the URL of my site is thesavingsresource.info...

Attachments

• 2019-09-26_0832.png
    2019-09-26_0832.png
    249.8 KB · Views: 12
@twisted1919 I really appreciate that...truly I do
Did I have the files in the correct place within my cpanel's file manager?
You asked about a domain name, what would a domain be used for when using MailWizz?
And lastly, do I need a VPS to run MailWizz? In the install video, the woman was using a VPS and was not setting things up in a website's cpanel...

Did I have the files in the correct place within my cpanel's file manager?
Sure, i would rename the folder from email_marketing to newsletter maybe or mailer.
You asked about a domain name, what would a domain be used for when using MailWizz?
Well, to access it :D Otherwise you can't get to it.
And lastly, do I need a VPS to run MailWizz?
Generally we do suggest using a VPS because they have no restriction like shared hosting does.
However, mailwizz will work on shared hosting as well, it's just it will be limited and maybe slow.
Since you're already on your hosting and uploaded mailwizz here, i'd say you continue with it as is and then if you have any issue look for a VPS.

I'm looking to finish the install process but have run into an error that I'm unaware of on how to fix it.

Please review the attached file...

Attachments

• 2019-09-27_2346.png
    2019-09-27_2346.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 7
@twisted1919 I have changed the permission 0777 inside of the ftp also in the file manager in cpanel and I'm getting the same failed message.

Attachments

• 2019-09-28_1234.png
    2019-09-28_1234.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 6
@twisted1919 I have changed the permission 0777 inside of the ftp also in the file manager in cpanel and I'm getting the same failed message.
It's very likely because after you have changed permission a first time, and then you have changed the directory name. Now you have to chmod 0777 the extensions folder in the new path. Check between the two images for the same issue you have posted, the path is different.

Cheers!
Andy

Back