Server smtp setup, Feedback Loop and Bounce

rizwiz

Hello,
I have a dedicated server with 8 ips and I would like to host everything on my end.
For delivery server - ok - I will add the smtp settings (I would use 4 ips for various smtp)
What is not clear to me is how the BOUNCE and Feedback loop servers work: it seems they are "simply" accounts e-mail to be configured for reading particular email.
Am I right?

Thank you.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
it seems they are "simply" accounts e-mail to be configured for reading particular email.
You are perfectly correct, they are just imap/pop3 accounts on your server ;)
CPanel for example will create all these for you automatically, so does iRedMail.

rizwiz

Thank you @twisted1919 !
Another question about smtp configuration.
As I previously said would use 4 smtp server - is there a way to balance the outgoing e-mail trough them?
For example, if I want to send out 400 e-mail may I divide 100 sent using smtp1, 100 sent by smtp2, 100 sent by smtp3 and 100 sent by smtp4?
Thank you again.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
@rizwiz - For your specific example, if you go into Backend -> Settings -> Cron and you set Subscribers at once to 400 and Change server at to 100 then you might get the expected results :)

rizwiz

Thank you again @twisted1919 for your prompt reply.
During these days I will finish to setup everything (postfix, dovecot, etc. etc.) and probably some day of next week be ready to start sending out the newsletter.

rizwiz

Thanks for your hint @twisted1919 but I would prefer to configure everything by myself .
I have experience in this field so no problem at all.
Also I don't think iReadmail supports postfix multiple instance that is the better way for using more ips with postfix.

rizwiz

@rizwiz - For your specific example, if you go into Backend -> Settings -> Cron and you set Subscribers at once to 400 and Change server at to 100 then you might get the expected results :)

Thanks!
But I need to assign all delivery servers to clients?
I mean from the backend interface: Delivery server -> Update Delivery server -> Customer -> type the customer name and then SAVE or this operation is not needed ?