Serious Bug detected on list unsubscribe system (immediate attention required)

pradeep sharma

Hi @twisted1919

We have identified a serious bug on Unsubscribe System

BUG: Subscriber is not unsubscribed after unsubscribing

Scenario : We we add campaign action MOVE TO NEW LIST when subscriber open the campaign
list settings : Unsubscribe from all other lists was also checked

I have not tested similar scenario with campaign action COPY TO NEW LIST (other forum members kindly confirm)

Because of this bug we lost high domain reputation built by our domain in just 1 day. high reputation was built over 45 days. Subscribers tried to unsubscribe they were Show unsubscribed on GUI (false positive ) . But whn we again send a campaign to this list and subscribers which unsubscribed earlier also received the campaign due to this BUG and almost all such subscriber reported our domain & email as SPAM to google/gmail. here is a screen attached as proof .upload_2017-10-3_3-52-38.png
upload_2017-10-3_3-53-45.png

Hey,

My guess as to what is happening here is they are actually being made unsubscribed but from the origianl list they was in as the unsubscribe link within the emails will unsubscribe the subscriber from THAT list. It wouldnt make sense if a subscriber was to unsubscribe and then MailWizz unsubscribing them from ALL other lists as what if the subscriber was part of multiple lists that they wanted but just wanted to unsubscribe from that perticular list/type of email.

Because you have told MailWizz to MOVE the subscriber to a different list that will require a seperate Unsubscribe Link which is made when you send a campaign out to the list the subscriber has been moved to. So this isnt a bug, the unsubscribe function is working perfectly normal and as it should be.

From off the top of my head without looking into this properly i guess the only way round this is to EXPORT your lists, filter the CSV file in Excel so it only shows Unsubscribes and then add those emails into the Blacklist. You could also just download the Unsubscribe report from each campaign and do it that way. But like i say that would mean that if the subscriber was to sign up to another one of your lists then because the subscriber is in the Blacklist they wont get your email.

@sendmedialtd No!!. in this scenario Unsubscribe from all other lists was also checked in list setting and it was also no honored. i purposely set this option on this list.

@twisted1919 it would be good if you can give this option like ( Force UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ALL LISTS) on Customer Group setting as well on Customer account setting where customer can set this option by him self.

@sendmedialtd No!!. in this scenario Unsubscribe from all other lists was also checked in list setting and it was also no honored. i purposely set this option on this list.

@twisted1919 it would be good if you can give this option like ( Force UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ALL LISTS) on Customer Group setting as well on Customer account setting where customer can set this option by him self.

Ah i see what you mean now, this could be a bug and my guess is when a subscriber is moved from 1 list to another then the status of the subscriber is being reset. I'm not sure but something im sure twister1919 will be able to give you more info on :)

I think the only way round this if you want to keep sending emails the way you want is by exporting the unsubscribes and adding them to the blacklist. That should do the trick for you till theres a fix.

T
Because you have told MailWizz to MOVE the subscriber to a different list that will require a seperate Unsubscribe Link which is made when you send a campaign out to the list the subscriber has been moved to. So this isnt a bug, the unsubscribe function is working perfectly normal and as it should be.
his makes sense, this is what is going on.

Are you sure the list from where peiople were not unsubscribed was checked ? because i think that's not the case.

Back