sendpulse smtp question

yousef

I connected my sendpulse smtp using the generic smtp setting since I did not see any api connection option. However for it to connect and validate smtp I had to select the "choose" option for bounce server. I was not able to use the bounce server I had created in my account. Will that mean for emails sent using this sendpulse smtp my mailwizz app will not be able to see the bounces?

I was not able to use the bounce server I had created in my account
Why is that, didn't it show up in the list of options? (make sure that it isn't assigned to any customer or if it is is same customer as the one from the delivery server).

Why is that, didn't it show up in the list of options? (make sure that it isn't assigned to any customer or if it is is same customer as the one from the delivery server).
it did show up as an option when I set up the smtp and it is set for system wide use. However when I would select it during smtp setup I would get an error when trying to validate. something about bounce server and 554 error code. if I select "choose" option server validated fine and I can send email.

Please try again and add here the error message. SendPulse might not allow you to define a bounce server and they show an error in this case.

here is a pic. I know the bounce server is good cause I am using it for a different smtp in my app

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 5
could it have anything to do with me having "enable tracking" setting on
and "tracking from my domain" setting off.
these are settings within sendpulse smtp

The error says "Sender domain is not valid". I can only assume you also need to verify with sendpulse the domain that appears in the bounce address.

Is it ok for me to create a bounce server using the same address I use for sending? Right now I'm using 2 different address but on the same domain.

Back