Sending stuck at 0%

diablo2s

Hi,
I'm starting to use MailWizz but I'm having an issue. I created a list and, to try ti integration of my form with my site, I registered 2 email addresses.

Now, to this list I added an autoresponder email. When I ask the system to send, it's stuck at Sending 0%. I can't find a solution to this problem:

I already:
* searched the forum ( but most of the similar questions are sent to the ticket area - and tickets can't be opened anymore )
* updated EMA to the last version
* checked, double checked, triple checked the cron job ( the php-cli path and script path are correct )
* checked my options ( nothing seems out of order ).

Am I missing something?

Hi,
I'm starting to use MailWizz but I'm having an issue. I created a list and, to try ti integration of my form with my site, I registered 2 email addresses.

Now, to this list I added an autoresponder email. When I ask the system to send, it's stuck at Sending 0%. I can't find a solution to this problem:

I already:
* searched the forum ( but most of the similar questions are sent to the ticket area - and tickets can't be opened anymore )
* updated EMA to the last version
* checked, double checked, triple checked the cron job ( the php-cli path and script path are correct )
* checked my options ( nothing seems out of order ).

Am I missing something?

what happens if you run the cron from command line in verbose mode?
.../php-cli -q .../apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --verbose=1

what happens if you run the cron from command line in verbose mode?
.../php-cli -q .../apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --verbose=1
Thanks for your reply.

I tried, but nothing happens ( I should have received a few notification emails, right? )

Maybe it's a stupid consideration, but could it be Wordpress the issue? I have a copy installed in the main directory ( EMA is in a sub directory ) and, if I try to go into the console.php page ( I'm trying everything that comes to mind ) I get a 404 error from the Wordpress installation

- Edit: I removed Wordpress, but the issue persists

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

I tried, but nothing happens ( I should have received a few notification emails, right? )

in verbose mode it should show e.g. if a DS and quota are available

did you get no output at all in cli console verbose mode?

feel free to get in touch

Maybe it's a stupid consideration, but could it be Wordpress the issue? I have a copy installed in the main directory ( EMA is in a sub directory ) and, if I try to go into the console.php page ( I'm trying everything that comes to mind ) I get a 404 error from the Wordpress installation

- Edit: I removed Wordpress, but the issue persists

generally: no nested installations (have at least a separate directory for each app/program, e.g. wp-dir, mwz-dir, etc)

ideally: see above and no other program on the server (if you do a lot of email), some even have the dbf on a separate server (but that is for millions of emails, high speed, basically ESP/enterprise/etc)

in verbose mode it should show e.g. if a DS and quota are available

did you get no output at all in cli console verbose mode?
I have no idea what that means :oops:
I thought verbose was for sending a notification email every time the cron is activated

I have no idea what that means :oops:
I thought verbose was for sending a notification email every time the cron is activated

please see
https://forum.mailwizz.com/posts/15925
it contains the hint for how your command should look like in ssh cli (terminal command line interface)

you wrote before you had the correct path for php-cli and mwz so you can do it, see how your cron looks like

when you run the command with "--verbose=1" it will verbosely show you the output
then come back with results for further help ;)

I've finally been able to access the SSH and tried the command ( the hosting manager had to enable it first ).

After I tried the command, I got this message:
-jailshell: /usr/local/bin/php-cli: No such file or directory

This message came from using the php path that my host manager told me to use:
/usr/local/bin/php-cli -q /home/henrythe/zezaph.com/mail/apps/console/console.php --verbose=1

However, I ran the "find" command via SSH to find php-cli, to see that it's located somewhere else. I tried the same command with the new path:
/usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/henrythe/zezaph.com/mail/apps/console/console.php --verbose=1

And I get this message:
Could not open input file: /home/henrythe/zezaph.com/mail/apps/console/console.php

Sooooo... I think I find an answer, I check it, and I only get more confused :eek:

Edit - another thing I found playing around with the options. If I use the /usr/local/bin/php-cli path in the cron job and I create a new campaign, the campaign stucks at Pending-Sending .

If I use /usr/bin/php-cli , the PendingSending issue is solved but I get stucked to the 0% Sending issue

Last edited:
I've finally been able to access the SSH and tried the command ( the hosting manager had to enable it first ).

After I tried the command, I got this message:
-jailshell: /usr/local/bin/php-cli: No such file or directory

This message came from using the php path that my host manager told me to use:
/usr/local/bin/php-cli -q /home/henrythe/zezaph.com/mail/apps/console/console.php --verbose=1

However, I ran the "find" command via SSH to find php-cli, to see that it's located somewhere else. I tried the same command with the new path:
/usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/henrythe/zezaph.com/mail/apps/console/console.php --verbose=1

And I get this message:
Could not open input file: /home/henrythe/zezaph.com/mail/apps/console/console.php

Sooooo... I think I find an answer, I check it, and I only get more confused :eek:

Edit - another thing I found playing around with the options. If I use the /usr/local/bin/php-cli path in the cron job and I create a new campaign, the campaign stucks at Pending-Sending .

If I use /usr/bin/php-cli , the PendingSending issue is solved but I get stucked to the 0% Sending issue

The fact that none of the ssh attempts to run the command
...console.php --verbose=1
went through seems has nothing to do with you or mwz, but the host.
What hosting plan is it (shared, cloud, ...)?

You could check if the file permissions are right, but I doubt that this is the cause for all these problems.

Many shared and some cloud hosting plans have restrictions...you might need to go to kvm vps or dedicated, and then setup the server properly.
https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/reliable-hosts.1747

Thanks for your reply.

It's a shared hosting, so it probably have a lot of limits. Just, the owner assured me that everything would have worked just fine.

Apparently he was wrong.

I'll check the post you linked and I'll transfer my sites in a new home ( I was planning on changing anyway, but not this soon ;) ).

Thank you for your awesome help and your patience ;)

Thanks for your reply.

It's a shared hosting, so it probably have a lot of limits. Just, the owner assured me that everything would have worked just fine.

Apparently he was wrong.

I'll check the post you linked and I'll transfer my sites in a new home ( I was planning on changing anyway, but not this soon ;) ).

Thank you for your awesome help and your patience ;)

as you probably don't want to move to oft, keep in mind that mail needs an as stable as possible environment (more so than webpage hosting), and shared as well as cloud (with someone else making the rules for your computing environment) cannot give that, which leaves you with kvm (or xen) vps and dedicated. sometimes you get a good dedi for less than a good vps ;)

Hi there,
I know it's not great to re-open an old thread, but this contains all the infos already.

So, I moved to another hosting my mailwizz installation. From a shared hosting to an InMotion Hosting VPS.

I installed everything and, for a while, all my emails worked correctly. I than gave access to my friend, so he can move some of his stuff on the new autoresponder. He created around 180 email campaigns, divided between multiple lists, but nothing is working for him.

My emails work fine. All my autoresponders and broadcasts are sent correctly. On the other hand, all his emails are stuck on pending-sending and I cannot find a solution.

I already tried:
1. checking the cron jobs ( they are correct )
2. checking delivery server and user account settings ( they are 100% correct )
3. check, via SSH, the cron command with verbose ( and I get this message: Could not open input file: /home/autoresp/public_html/pro/apps/console/console.php )
4. I tried to raise the limit of campaigns sent to 250 ( with no result )

What else can I try to solve this issue?

Are you sure that is the correct path? Because as the error says, it is not... So have a look at this.

The path seems correct. Probably I made a mistake on the SSH command ( putty didn't allow copy and paste )

This is where you should look at as far as i know. Maybe try with 500 for a while and see how it turns out.

Apparently this did the trick. I'm making a few tests to confirm this, but it should work properly now. Thank you very much :)

Back