Sending Speed

Eldi

Hi guys,

I have a big problem with deliverability speed.
Was trying with PHP Mailer and now changed to Swifmailer.

Not a big difference.

From ssh with this command:
php -q /absolute/path/to/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --verbose=1

I see around 100 emails/minute from 4 sending campaigns.

I have a 1M rows blacklisted emails. Maybe this is slowing the sending process. (Anyone know any app to clean lists locally before uploading - ListMotor cant do this)

And please can someone tell me the exact config from backend -> settings -> cron to send out at least 200 emails /minute?

Thank you in advance

P.S

I even using this to speed up the sending process.

* * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /home/domain/public_html/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --campaigns_type=regular --campaigns_limit=50 --campaigns_offset=0 >/dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /home/domain/public_html/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --campaigns_type=regular --campaigns_limit=50 --campaigns_offset=50 >/dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /home/domain/public_html/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns --campaigns_type=regular --campaigns_limit=50 --campaigns_offset=100 >/dev/null 2>&

I see that every mail sent is being checked if is blacklisted before sending.
Why this extra step since every email is already checked in the import process?

Hi,

What is the timing you get when you send the campaigns in verbose mode?
It should tell you exactly how much time took to deliver each email, but also how much time it took to process everything and how much time it took to talk to remote ends.
Can you share those stats?

I see that every mail sent is being checked if is blacklisted before sending.
Why this extra step since every email is already checked in the import process?
Emails are also added automatically into blacklist when they bounce too many times for example, and there are a few more cases.
If you don't check before sending, you'll send emails to people who are blacklisted after you have imported the list, thing you don't want.

Thanks.

I understand your are right on. How about adding a crosscheck command.
A mysql command to see if any email from email lists exists in blacklisted emails with the option to delete them.

This command can be added via hourly or daily cron.

I have 2 million blacklisted emails and I am doing:

DELETE FROM sep_email_blacklist where reason like '%spam%';

Command deletes 2000 rows in less than a second. So its fast.

Back