Sending Is Slow.......

Tim Ventura

I'm on a FAST machine, with a 16 core proc, 1 gig of PHP-dedicated RAM (out of 8 gigs on the machine), etc.... It screams. Dreamhost dedicated server, quite happy with it.

It appears that PCNTL is enabled, I delimited sending limits to test - I'm telling it to process 5,000 customer at once, and no other sending limits. Also got 5 campaigns / 5 batches enabled with parallel processing. It tests successfully with tiny batches on my live SMTP gateway, so I'm using the "Dummy" Gateway now to test sending speed....

The ONLY downside is Dreamhost CRON limited me to running all cron jobs at 5 minute intervals. I may be able to use crontab directly, but their cron tool has a 5 minute limit. That being said, the speed I'm seeing is 10x slower than even that should account for...

ACTUAL SPEED: 1,000 emails sent every 5 to 10 minutes.....and it appears that whatever is doing the work does it all at once & then waits, even though I have pauses disabled. So it does 1,000 right away, then basically something hangs, pauses, whatever....

I checked the logfile for errors: no entries, so it appears to be running correctly.

My GOAL: Hoping to send 100,000 emails in one hour. I have 3 builds of Interspire IEM 6.1.5, and they can all do in the tens of thousands - and I believe MailWizz has much better multiprocessing, so it should be able to do more....

Back