Sending Domain

Jon Lyons

While attempting to create a sending domain, I receive this error:

While generating the private key, exec failed with: Unknown error, most probably cannot exec the openssl command!

Is this error on the server that is hosting mailwizz application or on the sending domain server side?

Received this reply from hosting company:

I apologize you're having this issue, from what our team has gathered it's possible that openssl the command not being called by its correct path. You may wish to advise your developer to try using openssl by calling it at /usr/bin/openssl which should resolve the issue.

Where would I edit this?

@Jon Lyons - In a linux environment, calling openssl is equivalent in calling /usr/bin/openssl. That's the first location the OS is looking at.
Ask your host if the user user which your web server runs is allowed to call openssl command.

Hmmm...from host:

The account is able to run the openssl command, so it is not a permissions error. Unfortunately, working with this third party software is beyond our scope so we can not provide any assistance specific to the software you are using. I would recommend checking that everything is up to date and which user the software runs as.

Create a file named openssl.php on your server and put this into it:
PHP:
<?php
var_dump( exec('openssl version -a', $o, $r) );
var_dump($o, $r);
Then access it in your browser and paste here the output.

Do this as well please:
PHP:
<?php
var_dump( exec('/usr/bin/openssl version -a', $o, $r) );
var_dump($o, $r);

string(17) "engines: dynamic" array(7) { [0]=> string(31) "OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013" [1]=> string(38) "built on: Mon Jun 15 18:29:40 UTC 2015" [2]=> string(22) "platform: linux-x86_64" [3]=> string(86) "options: bn(64,64) md2(int) rc4(16x,int) des(idx,cisc,16,int) idea(int) blowfish(idx)" [4]=> string(483) "compiler: gcc -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DZLIB -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DKRB5_MIT -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -Wall -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -Wa,--noexecstack -DPURIFY -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -DGHASH_ASM" [5]=> string(26) "OPENSSLDIR: "/etc/pki/tls"" [6]=> string(17) "engines: dynamic" } int(0)

Thanks, weird hosting you have here.
Unzip attached and put the php file in apps/common/models overriding the existing one then try again.

Attachments

• SendingDomain.php.zip
    4 KB · Views: 34
Yea, it's InMotion Hosting. Their support is top notch but I do run into issues at least once or twice a month.

The fix worked. Thank you! Your support is top notch as well!

Great it solved it, i applied the fix in mailwizz core as well so you will be fine in future updates.

Hello,

I have the same problem with this fuction. I've tried to use the php file that you prepared but is not working for me.
I attached you the return of the php code that you wrote above:

string(17) "engines: dynamic" array(7) { [0]=> string(31) "OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013" [1]=> string(38) "built on: Mon Feb 20 15:46:42 UTC 2017" [2]=> string(22) "platform: linux-x86_64" [3]=> string(86) "options: bn(64,64) md2(int) rc4(16x,int) des(idx,cisc,16,int) idea(int) blowfish(idx)" [4]=> string(483) "compiler: gcc -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DZLIB -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DKRB5_MIT -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -Wall -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -Wa,--noexecstack -DPURIFY -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -DGHASH_ASM" [5]=> string(26) "OPENSSLDIR: "/etc/pki/tls"" [6]=> string(17) "engines: dynamic" } int(0)

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you!

@Elbogdan - Gotcha, you can pm me(or create a support ticket) with backend login to your app and some ftp login and i can look into this further.

Back