SendGrid vs Amazon

Eric535

which do you prefer and why? Amazon or Sendgrid. I been using mandrill for about 3 years but they suck now. Too expensive and too many rules. So I'm trying SendGrid right now because I hear their inbox rate is pretty good. Should I try amazon also? I know it's a lot cheaper but are your emails going to end up in somebody's spam box faster than using SendGrid?

Thanks

Just keep in mind that Amazon is really hard to setup, i mean they target developers mainly that is the reason.
That being said, if you manage to get through the setup phase, it def. worth the try. Otherwise SendGrid is a very good choice as well.

I have setup amazon in the the past so it's not a problem. I just stood away from amazon because I heard they were super strict compared to mandrill. But now mandrill is the worst now. They only want you to use them for emails that go out for your orders and stuff.

What I do remember about amazon was that it was super fast. Does that hurt me when sending emails?

I her sendgrid emails deliver better because of f their whitelabel setup is this true?

@Eric535 - I know lots of people using amazon ses for more than just transactional emails, but it is true that they are very strict and they will close your account without too much hassle.
I her sendgrid emails deliver better because of f their whitelabel setup is this true?
Well, they'll offer you the ability to gave your own ip... this can be better or it can be worse...

Question. Lets say I have a list of 3000 emails that I send to all the time and I want to try amazon ses one day using the same list just to test the open rate and speed. Then go back to sendgrid the next time I do another compain. Does that work against me being that my emails are coming from two different ip's?

which do you prefer and why? Amazon or Sendgrid. I been using mandrill for about 3 years but they suck now. Too expensive and too many rules. So I'm trying SendGrid right now because I hear their inbox rate is pretty good. Should I try amazon also? I know it's a lot cheaper but are your emails going to end up in somebody's spam box faster than using SendGrid?

Thanks
SendGrid has great speed from the outset and costs significantly more than
AmazonSES where you need to get upgraded over time, but some folks do over 100 million per day, and the cost is almost the lowest among the third party DS.
;)

Question. Lets say I have a list of 3000 emails that I send to all the time and I want to try amazon ses one day using the same list just to test the open rate and speed. Then go back to sendgrid the next time I do another compain. Does that work against me being that my emails are coming from two different ip's?
Switching oft is seen as almost snowshoeing and filters pick up on it. How much depends on many factors, but ideally stick to one, if poss. But it is no problem to use one for sign-ups, and the other for camps.

SendGrid has great speed from the outset and costs significantly more than
AmazonSES where you need to get upgraded over time, but some folks do over 100 million per day, and the cost is almost the lowest among the third party DS.
;)

Right now I only have about 4 lists. One with about 3000 emails and the other with 70000 emails The others have around 5000 each. which I only send to around once a week. I dont need a million a day. Thats NUTZ :)

The biggest list I have is like 65000 emails it takes me a few days to send it when I have used mandrill and two other email platforms that I used before MW that I wont mention :)

The biggest list I have is like 65000 emails it takes me a few days to send it when I have used mandrill and two other email platforms that I used before MW that I wont mention :)
65k can be offloaded within minutes if you want to. PM me if you need super fast sending tuning.

Can I track email opens and clicks like with sendgrid and mandrill with Amazon SES? I liked mandrill better because it would show the subject of the email that was opened and track. Where sendgrid just shows the email. They said I would have to create a hook to make it happens but I havent had the time.

Is that a good idea when most of those emails have the same domain?
Works fine, as long as the offload goes into a delivers server that has correct directives/policies that respect and work with receiving servers/inboxes. All the third party DS have that, else they were not in, but out of business. Ideally burden the system with speed only safely so that all other demands can be met (think of all else the sys, cust, admins, subs, etc may do).

Back