Sendgrid Deliverability Issues

Eric535

So I been using mandrill for a few years and paused the account because its much more expensive now. So i been trying sendgrid for the past couple of months. Its a paid account. I have used it with mailwizz , my email clients on my computer and my e-commerce site for the transactional emails.. My problem is that on two occasions I sent emails to recipients that I deal with on a regular basis and the email got blocked by their servers. I sent a ticket to sendgrid and they told me that happens regularly and they are alway requesting to delist. They said I should upgrade to pro plan with my own ip. I dont feel like I can trust sendgrid with my campaign emails if my regular emails are getting blocked. I didnt have that problem when I was using mandrill. I think i might just drop sendgrid and stick with Amazon or maybe even unpause my mandrill account.

Has anybody else ever had deliverability issues with sendgrid?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 2.08.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 2.08.02 PM.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 4
So I been using mandrill for a few years and paused the account because its much more expensive now. So i been trying sendgrid for the past couple of months. Its a paid account. I have used it with mailwizz , my email clients on my computer and my e-commerce site for the transactional emails.. My problem is that on two occasions I sent emails to recipients that I deal with on a regular basis and the email got blocked by their servers. I sent a ticket to sendgrid and they told me that happens regularly and they are alway requesting to delist. They said I should upgrade to pro plan with my own ip. I dont feel like I can trust sendgrid with my campaign emails if my regular emails are getting blocked. I didnt have that problem when I was using mandrill. I think i might just drop sendgrid and stick with Amazon or maybe even unpause my mandrill account.

Has anybody else ever had deliverability issues with sendgrid?
For me sendgrid always inboxes, so this must be related to the reputation realm they put you in.

If you had to pick one which would you choose?
ElasticEmail and AmazonSES are the cheapest in the long run.
For free volume per month, ElasticEmail with 150k and SparkPost with 100k are the best.

Elastic Email is cheap, but, I would say don't go for the shared one. I don't know how the dedicated IP option performs. I had a shared plan with them and all my customer emails to Microsoft domains like hotmail, outlook etc got blocked. I complained about it a few times and they told they put me on a higher reputation pool. But nothing changed in terms of deliverability. Open rates dropped from 20% to 2-3 %. Then I quit EE because I didn't want to put my business on risk. Their platform is impressive, but in terms of deliverability, it sucks, at least for the shared plans.

SES on the other hand worked better for me except the whitelabeling part. They have least tolerance towards unsolicited emailing too.

On another note, @twisted1919 , forum emails from sparkpost are going to my SPAM folder. I could see two return-path addresses on your from address. Because of that, your emails are actually advertised as if they're coming from sparkpostmail.com but not mailwizz.com. Probably a configuration issue ? May be you know about it and didn't care much ;)
upload_2017-3-26_3-57-58.png

Elastic Email is cheap, but, I would say don't go for the shared one. I don't know how the dedicated IP option performs. I had a shared plan with them and all my customer emails to Microsoft domains like hotmail, outlook etc got blocked. I complained about it a few times and they told they put me on a higher reputation pool. But nothing changed in terms of deliverability. Open rates dropped from 20% to 2-3 %. Then I quit EE because I didn't want to put my business on risk. Their platform is impressive, but in terms of deliverability, it sucks, at least for the shared plans.
Good to know about those EE deliverability issues. My concern was that some emails were delivered 8-12h after sendout, which is to slow for my taste. Re some support emails they had no answer.

forum emails from sparkpost are going to my SPAM folder
Very interesting, which inbox provider are you using?
Mine go to gmail/gapps and always inbox (sorry!) :oops:
The other return path is SparkPost's VERP conform bounce address (here is another example:
msprvs1=19302ihaivcyn=bounces-17284-15483@...), i.e. nothing that the user sets/inserts.

Hmm.. EE, I think they're compromising the "cheapness" on support.

I don't know about Sparkpost, haven't tried yet. Actually I wasn't complaining about their deliverability or anything :). Just noticed forum emails are going to my SPAM. Having two "return-path" in an email header doesn't look correct as per RFC terms, which reads -
"The primary purpose of the Return-path is to designate the address to which messages indicating non-delivery or other mail system failures are to be sent. For this to be unambiguous, exactly one return path SHOULD be present when the message is delivered."
Also "SMTP servers making final delivery MAY remove Return-path headers before adding their own". This led me to the assumption that something is not right somewhere.

And for the other question, I don't use any providers, I create them on my own ;)

I don't know about Sparkpost, haven't tried yet. Actually I wasn't complaining about their deliverability or anything :). Just noticed forum emails are going to my SPAM. Having two "return-path" in an email header doesn't look correct as per RFC terms, which reads -
"The primary purpose of the Return-path is to designate the address to which messages indicating non-delivery or other mail system failures are to be sent. For this to be unambiguous, exactly one return path SHOULD be present when the message is delivered."
Also "SMTP servers making final delivery MAY remove Return-path headers before adding their own". This led me to the assumption that something is not right somewhere.
Of course, that's why I hinted indirectly with 'the other return path' ;)

I don't use any providers, I create them on my own
This was re the 'spam folder'...so I guess your own is 'not as learning' as gmail/gapps?

Back