Send individual email - not using campaign

Niks

Hi, is there any way to send an individual email – not using campaigns. So I just enter an email address and press send? is there any way to do this. Basically I am using SENDGRID Web API. I want to send an email to single customer using this tool, then track it.

Hi,

Since this is a bulk sending app, sending to only a single subscriber isn't really our target.
However, you can do this by creating a segment that contains only that email address, and then create a campaign using that segment.

Thanks.

Hi,

Since this is a bulk sending app, sending to only a single subscriber isn't really our target.
However, you can do this by creating a segment that contains only that email address, and then create a campaign using that segment.

Thanks.

Would it be possible to piggy-back on the notification or test functionality (e.g. when un/subscribes happen) and create single messages this way?
(This then could be used by various 3rd party apps, e.g. crm, erp, carts, etc.)

Cool. Thanks. You have developed one of the most configurable and beautiful product. Now I have few other theme related questions. Will post it separately.

@twisted1919
Can you make a small addition to the api please so that single notification emails would be possible (as the app can send already for subscribes, unsubscribes, campaign stats, delivery server verifications, etc) triggered by another program which would supply the data of that email?
This would greatly increase the options for integration with other programs and make mwz even more important!
thx ;)

@frm.mwz - wouldn't the transactional emails feature be used for such use cases?
Not sure what you mean, is there a transactional email feature in mwz which one could use to send by mwz api from a third party program (e.g. crm) single transactional emails (via mwz)?

It would be useful if we could send campaigns to subscribers based on external activity, like when a user visits a page on our website.

The transactional emails could be used for this, but if I understand correctly, those emails are not tracked. So we wouldn´t be able to see if the user opened/clicked the campaign.

@twisted1919 Is this on your roadmap?

It would be useful if we could send campaigns to subscribers based on external activity, like when a user visits a page on our website.

The transactional emails could be used for this, but if I understand correctly, those emails are not tracked. So we wouldn´t be able to see if the user opened/clicked the campaign.

@twisted1919 Is this on your roadmap?
...it sends individual (ie transactional) emails with signing and tracking...if you have those two enabled in the DS ;)

Yeah, but we don't offer detailed tracking for these. @Jose Vega needs those details ;)

hmm, i see what u mean, the transactional opens/clicks would not be displayed anywhere...maybe that can be arranged eventually by...@twisted1919! ;)

...then the only other idea that comes to mind (because i cannot see right now how a third party app for tracking could be patched in, except maybe GA) would be to use a tracked third party DS, so the api call comes in, mwz picks a DS dedicated for transactional/list/invoice emails and then it would be tracked, does that make sense?

Back