send an ebook to all new subscribers and follow up with them

highlander926

hello

I have a landing page for free ebooks on WordPress with a subscription form
this form is connected to my mailwizz with API and anyone who enters an email on my wordpress is added to mailwizz list

but now I want after the user confirms the email (it's double opt-in),
1-then another email with a link to a pdf file sent to him automatically
2-send another follow-up email if he does not open the first email after x days
3-move the people who open this email to a new list

when I try to create a new autoresponder campaign then in the segment drop-down there is no option

so can anyone help me how to send my ebook to subscribers?
I am new to mailwizz so I need a complete tutorial
thank you

so can anyone help me how to send my ebook to subscribers?
If you are new to this application, my advice would be to take some time and try testing the app using a test list with some of your own emails.

To do what you said above, you need to follow these steps:

For step 1 - you need to create an autoresponder campaign that will have "AFTER-SUBSCRIBE" as the event. This campaign will be sent to all subscribers who will be added to the list.

For step 2 - In your list, you need to create a new custom field that you can name as you wish, for example: "OPEN". This custom field will have a default value, let's say: 0. Then, when you execute step 1 and send the autoresponder to those who subscribed in the setup step, you can modify that value: "Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign open". Finally, create a segment for this list where you filter only subscribers who haven't opened it, meaning they have a custom field value of 0. Then, create the campaign and select this segment.

For step 3 - In the campaign > setup, you have the option: "Actions against subscribers upon campaign open". Select the list where you want to move them, and the subscribers will be moved accordingly.

If you are new to this application, my advice would be to take some time and try testing the app using a test list with some of your own emails.

To do what you said above, you need to follow these steps:

For step 1 - you need to create an autoresponder campaign that will have "AFTER-SUBSCRIBE" as the event. This campaign will be sent to all subscribers who will be added to the list.

For step 2 - In your list, you need to create a new custom field that you can name as you wish, for example: "OPEN". This custom field will have a default value, let's say: 0. Then, when you execute step 1 and send the autoresponder to those who subscribed in the setup step, you can modify that value: "Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign open". Finally, create a segment for this list where you filter only subscribers who haven't opened it, meaning they have a custom field value of 0. Then, create the campaign and select this segment.

For step 3 - In the campaign > setup, you have the option: "Actions against subscribers upon campaign open". Select the list where you want to move them, and the subscribers will be moved accordingly.
thank you for this guide
but for 1 and 2
where I can set after-subscribe as an event? I can not find it
and the same for the custom field where I can find it

I wonder how this big selling item does not have complete guides and walkthroughs after years of development

where I can set after-subscribe as an event? I can not find it
You can find this on confirmation step.
Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 12.02.16.png

and the same for the custom field where I can find it
In step > setup click on "show more options" button:

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 12.04.48.png

Also, to create new custom fields for the list, you need to go to Lists > "Your List" > Custom fields and below you have lots of custom fields types to add, for your requirement just add text field.

The application is quite complex so give yourself some time to learn with it, after a while everything will be easy to understand

thank you so much for a clear tutorial
I have done all the steps
and I have found that also in theme builder I can set when a user clicked on a link and then move it to a new list
so I think this way there is no need to set custom fields ok?

now I set up my autoresponder
but how it sends ? I want this autoresponder to send an ebook link immediately after the user confirms the email
for now my autoresponder shows: Pending- Sending

during a day people subscribe to my newsletter and confirm their email
I need to send the autoresponder immediately after confirmation and not one time per day with cronjob

thank you so much for a clear tutorial
I have done all the steps
and I have found that also in theme builder I can set when a user clicked on a link and then move it to a new list
so I think this way there is no need to set custom fields ok?
Yes, that is true, if you want to move these subscribers who open campaign.
now I set up my autoresponder
but how it sends ? I want this autoresponder to send an ebook link immediately after the user confirms the email
for now my autoresponder shows: Pending- Sending

during a day people subscribe to my newsletter and confirm their email
I need to send the autoresponder immediately after confirmation and not one time per day with cronjob
Can you confirm that your autoresponder is set to send immediately? In campaign confirmation step you need to have this: Autoresponder time value set to 0 and also Autoresponder event > AFTER-SUBSCRIBE, that means your autoresponder will be sent immediately when new subscribe is added in list.

If these above are all set correctly and your campaign not starting to send go in Backend > Settings > Cron and set Adjust campaigns at once > Yes or increase value from: Campaigns at once.

thank you
everything is working fine now

my only problem is with segments
now I have set a segment for each email that is opened and set it to 1
and I see for opened email it is working and the segment is set to 1
but when I want to start a new campaign and send it to that segment
in the segment box, nothing is shown and I can not select any segment
screenshot-mail.sanadigital.agency-2023.06.29-12_33_40.png

Back