Segmenting by Date Added

TheKnight

Trying to segment my list by date added...

1598107257926.png
Yet curiously when I click in to edit the same record shown above, the Date Added field is blank!
1598107325834.png
Eventual goal was to create a segment based on subscribers who were added prior to a given date, i.e.;

1598107404752.png

Does anyone know why the Date Added field would be blank on my list details even though it can be seen on the first list view?

Assuming I can solve that, does anyone know if my segment filter specified above is valid?

I think those are two different fields. Unless I'm mistaken, the system's own "Date added" (notice the sentence case) will not appear in your custom fields. The empty one you see might have come from a previous import. I always get this when I transfer clients from - say - MailChimp to MailWizz. Subsequent signups will not populate this imported "DATE ADDED" field.

On the segmentation side, I have to admit I keep being utterly confused by the "greater than" and "less than" selectors in relation to dates. Is "greater than" a later or an earlier date...?

In any case, I don't think the system's "Date added" field can be used in segmentations.

Thanks for the feedback.
I am excited about the new segmentation options, but the functions will only be as good as the fields available. Def looking forward to have NOT Opened be an operator @twisted1919

Does anyone know why the Date Added field would be blank on my list details even though it can be seen on the first list view?
Date Added field is blank because it's a custom tag and Default value is empty on your list for that tag, you need to make Default value > [DATE] and then when a subscriber will subscribe date will be inserted in that field, also you are looking on two different fields Date added from first picture is a system tag and is not the same as custom tag DATE ADDED.

Date Added field is blank because it's a custom tag and Default value is empty on your list for that tag, you need to make Default value > [DATE] and then when a subscriber will subscribe date will be inserted in that field, also you are looking on two different fields Date added from first picture is a system tag and is not the same as custom tag DATE ADDED.

@twisted1919
@laurentiu
I have a question, so after putting [DATE] in the default value do we need to run a command to be able to keep the records up to date?

Last edited:
@RockyRhod - to sync custom fields values you need to enable option from Backend > Settings > Cron > Subscribers Settings > Custom fields sync then the hourly cron will run and custom fields will be populated with default value.
Annotation 2020-08-25 090627.png

@laurentiu I see that its only for freshly created subscriber in a list but, we also want to update it to all the old subscribers is that possible? if so how?
Yes is possible by enable Settings > Cron -> Subscriber Settings > Custom Field SyncScreenshot 2020-08-26 at 10.22.23.png

Cosmin

@ghimes no I mean I already enabled that, but it says in there that `If freshly created`. what IF we need to update the old subscribers?

1598452554689.png

Last edited:
Back