Scroll bars missing in template preview window

VVT

Hi All,

I have purchased a theme set and uploaded to MW. I'm having 2 issues here.

1. Once themes are uploaded to gallery by admin, users can view the thumbnails for each template in Gallery. But, once the templates are imported to "My templates" by the user, it shows "no image". How to fix this ?

2. Once the templates are imported to My templates and user clicks on it, the new browser window which appears doesn't have scroll bars. This limits the visibility of the template to the screen size. There's no way to view the template completely other than clicking on 'update' button. I tried on Chrome and Firefox with no luck.

Also, is there a way to copy the html files + images directly to MW without using GUI ? Because I have a lot of templates to be uploaded and uploading them one by one through webui is an annoying process :(.

It would be really helpful if some one can throw some light on this.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-06-12 21:55:05.png
    Screenshot from 2015-06-12 21:55:05.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 14
1. Once themes are uploaded to gallery by admin, users can view the thumbnails for each template in Gallery. But, once the templates are imported to "My templates" by the user, it shows "no image". How to fix this ?
This is by default, the thumbnail is removed because the template will be modified and you'll have to preview it to generate new thumbnail reflecting your changes.

2. Once the templates are imported to My templates and user clicks on it, the new browser window which appears doesn't have scroll bars. This limits the visibility of the template to the screen size. There's no way to view the template completely other than clicking on 'update' button. I tried on Chrome and Firefox with no luck.
I have just fixed this now, you'll get the scrollbars in next version :)

Also, is there a way to copy the html files + images directly to MW without using GUI ? Because I have a lot of templates to be uploaded and uploading them one by one through webui is an annoying process :(.
Nope, upload them through the gui is the best way.

Reactions: VVT
You mean browser cache ? Yes I did. But no luck !

One more point, in the thumbnails, images are not displayed (remote content). See attached (image1.png). All are really having embedded images. I used http://cutycapt.sourceforge.net/ tool to generate screenshot.png files from command line. It works well and thumbnails are displayed clean with images (see image2.png).
image1.png image2.png

You mean browser cache ? Yes I did. But no luck !
Damn, i'll look into this when i have a chance, meanwhile, if you want to throw a stick at it, apps/customer/views/templates/list.php

One more point, in the thumbnails, images are not displayed (remote content).
It's because we use a canvas trick to take screenshots from the viewport, which is somehow limited but it's the best we can get without asking to install additional software on the server.

I used http://cutycapt.sourceforge.net/ tool to generate screenshot.png files from command line.
That is the perfect approach.

Ok.. I just found that it shows a horizontal scroll bar when the content is larger than the window size. But no vertical scroll bar.

I read in some online forums that the js scrollbars may not work in all browsers and they managed to overcome this by using css "overflow" parameter on the new window style sheet + scrollbars=1 option in js (that's there already).

So I would think writing an inline style with something like "overflow:scroll" on the new window would do the trick. Let me know if this is possible. I'm not a good developer though ;) . And this is not a high priority stuff.

Got it now, for some reason this commit never reached my github account.

open:
1. /backend/assets/js/email-templates-gallery-preview.js
2. /customer/assets/js/template-preview.js
Code:
$('body').css({width: 600+'px', overflowY: 'hidden', margin: 0, padding: 0});
make it
Code:
$('body').css({width: 600+'px', margin: 0, padding: 0});

Then clear your browser caches and try again ;)

Do you have a solution to fix missing template thumbnails? I have tried preview button to generate thumbnail but it doesn't work.

@CodeSquared - Not for now no, generating should just work, maybe check your browser developer tools menu and see if yiou get any specific javascript error. If not using Chrome, maybe try with it.

I'm already using chrome and there is no errors in the console. I've edited the js files as you specified above after that newly created templates works fine but old ones does not have thumbnails. I'll post here if problem continues.
Thanks

Back