Rotating servers & Follow Up Emails

ClintonLee83

I'm going to be rotating delivery servers based on quota, each server with a different ip and email address.

How will that work with follow up emails? I'd like to know before sending out the next batch and I'm not sure how to test this.

For follow up emails, I'll use autoresponders with re: + same initial email subject line.

Is mailwizz going to automatically detect which sending server sent the first email for each follow up and use the same sending server for the following follow up emails?

Is mailwizz going to automatically detect which sending server sent the first email for each follow up and use the same sending server for the following follow up emails?
It will not do this, selecting a delivery server for sending happens in realtime at the moment of sending and it takes into consideration a whole array of params, it's so complex that there's no way to guarantee it will pick the same server.

What you can do, you can tell MailWizz to send your campaign by using one/more delivery servers of your choice.
From Backend > Settings > Customer > Servers set "Can select delivery servers for campaigns *" to Yes.
Now, in the Setup step of the campaign, you will be able to select the delivery server for that campaign.
This way, you can have a given set of campaigns send using a given delivery server only, and this should help your use case.

Yeah, that is complicated.

The problem is that I have one campaign with one long list. I'm sending new subscribers into mailwizz straight from

I would have to create another list and auto response sequence for your solution to work.
----

Maybe you could implement logic to identify autoresponders that have the "re:" prefix in their subject line, then find the original sending server for a specific subscriber from the initial email and follow up using that server.

Or... maybe less complicated

offer an option when creating a list to tag subscribers with sending servers. The first email that is sent to a subscriber, the subscriber will be tagged with that sending server so that the same sending server will always be used for the customer unless overridden by a campaign which has a sending server assigned.

But the idea is that the follow ups or even every email sent to a subscriber should look natural and have the same email address.

All the things this software can already do, no complaints here, just a suggestion.

This is not a bad idea, I am adding this as a feature request in our todo list and we will look into it for sure.
I'm thinking even simpler, like an option in the campaign setup to say, reuse delivery server if possible.

If the feature is added to campaign settings, then each campaign needs to have the setting enabled every time a new campaign is created. If this setting was not enabled in previous campaigns for a subscriber, which delivery server would be reused in a new campaign with this feature enabled?

This could be solved by adding this option to the list settings, so it's automatically applied to each customer that's imported and automatically applied to campaigns. Just increment and assign sending servers as users are added or tag with the first server used. If a user needs to select a different sending server for a campaign, then the sending server option in campaign settings could override it.

I originally was hoping I could alternate between sending server email addresses when sending campaigns so I could send twice as many emails. Both emails would have their own IP.

But now I see more things to consider, the campaign asks for the "from email" - so all emails sent for that campaign would have the same from email. There would have to be an option "use delivery server email" or something. Or leave blank to use delivery server email.

Lots to think about. Thanks for considering this!

The result could be great - a recipient gets all email follow ups from the same address & ip in the same thread WHILE multiplying the amount of emails sent by using multiple delivery servers.

Back