Return-Path/Bounce Email - Not receiving anything.(Empty Inbox)

Emil

I give up.
So hope someone in here can help me :rolleyes:

I've setup my Delivery servers and bounce servers. I have a bounce server for each delivery server and Mailwizz seems to run fine. All active.

However, I can see in my PMTA log (bounce.csv) file and web monitor that I have some bounces. But it does not deliver anything to my Return-Path/Bounce Email.
However, Mailwizz has found 9 bounces but when checking the bounce Mailbox it is empty... (And yes, "Delete Messages" is set to No on all bounce servers). But the latest bounces doesn't seem to appear in

I've checked the headers from a sending and everything seems correct and the Return-Path is correct also.

In PMTA I've set:
Code:
<domain mysendingdomain.com>
deliver-local-dsn yes
</domain>

But again, nothing.
It might sure be a simple thing I've missed in my setup - But I am open to almost any ideas.:)

Could it be anything with Mailwizz or is it the server itself that miss something? Any settings in Mailwizz or PMTA that I could twist with to get it working?

I've attached some photos for you... If they help somehow.

bounce1.png bounce2.png bounce6.png bounce3.png bounce4.png bounce5.png

I give up.
So hope someone in here can help me :rolleyes:

I've setup my Delivery servers and bounce servers. I have a bounce server for each delivery server and Mailwizz seems to run fine. All active.

However, I can see in my PMTA log (bounce.csv) file and web monitor that I have some bounces. But it does not deliver anything to my Return-Path/Bounce Email.
However, Mailwizz has found 9 bounces but when checking the bounce Mailbox it is empty... (And yes, "Delete Messages" is set to No on all bounce servers). But the latest bounces doesn't seem to appear in

I've checked the headers from a sending and everything seems correct and the Return-Path is correct also.

In PMTA I've set:
Code:
deliver-local-dsn yes
</domain>

But again, nothing.
It might sure be a simple thing I've missed in my setup - But I am open to almost any ideas.:)

Could it be anything with Mailwizz or is it the server itself that miss something? Any settings in Mailwizz or PMTA that I could twist with to get it working?

I've attached some photos for you... If they help somehow.

View attachment 5909 View attachment 5910 View attachment 5911 View attachment 5912 View attachment 5913 View attachment 5914
Do you have an mx configured in your dns?
What happens if you email yourself from some generic account to the bounce address?

@frm.mwz
I actually got it solved. I've already planned to update the thread with my solution tomorrow for people who might experience the same issue.

But thank you for taking the time to reply!

(But yeah, all DNS settings was correct and I could Email my self without any issues.)

Solution:

The problem was that PowerMTA didn't know where to send it.

Usually, it will send a bounce notification to your Return-Path/bounce Email if you have this code in your config:

Code:
deliver-local-dsn yes
</domain>

I can't tell you why it suddenly did not work for me but might be because I've configured a lot in my config file and got many custom rules.

So I changed the code to:

Code:
  route [127.0.0.1]:25         # Guide it to the delivery point.
  max-msg-rate 1000/h          # Not necessary - But just to be sure.
  retry-aften 5m               # Make sure it keeps trying to deliver the bounce notification.
  use-starttls no              # Avoid TLS issues, which could be the main issue.
  deliver-local-dsn yes        # Needs to be "yes" to receive notifications.
</domain>

and add this line in your config as well:

Code:
relay-domain mysendingdomain.com

And it works. At least for me. - If this is not working for you as a solution, try to twist some of these settings or read the PowerMTA user guide. You often find some good stuff in there, even when you think you've already read it all ;)

And just to be nice; Here is an example:

Your sending domain is: mailwizz4ever.com

Then your config should have this in it:

Code:
<domain mailwizz4ever.com>
  route [127.0.0.1]:25
  max-msg-rate 1000/h
  retry-aften 5m
  use-starttls no
  deliver-local-dsn yes
</domain>

relay-domain mailwizz4ever.com

Please note that "route" should always be [127.0.0.1] (WITH [ and ]) as it points to our own server/localhost. And when adding the ":25" we tell it to use port 25 (Default SMTP port).
If you changed your SMTP port on your server to something else, you would, of course, enter that instead.

Back