Resend double opt-in activation link to entire list

clickt

Hi
i need help.Maybe one of you ahs done this before..

There was an error on my server and users didn´t receive any activation email.
Now i have few hundreds users on single opt-in and i want to :
-resend for all the activation link
-activation link must contain a redirect to a specific page on our site

Any thoughts?

btw
backend > misc > transactional emails - Resend
Does not work sincetransactional emails were deleted :mad:

Hi clickt,

If you view your subscribers in you list you can select the affected subscribers (or all of them) and then select Resend Confirmation Email.

Thats what your after ;-)

@clickt - Activation link for what exactly?
For subscription. Turn user into double opt.

Hi clickt,

If you view your subscribers in you list you can select the affected subscribers (or all of them) and then select Resend Confirmation Email.

Thats what your after ;-)

Great!Yes.Too..

Now i see, there is the option to edit this template and i´ve found [SUBSCRIBE_URL]
Can i use [SUBSCRIBE_URL] in a campaign ?

Like:
<td style="border-collapse:collapse">Please click <a href="[SUBSCRIBE_URL]" style="color:#008ca9;text-decoration:none">here</a> in order to complete your subscription.<br />

I just want to leave the actual activation template like it is,because there are new users signing up and i want to set
a campaign only for those users who my system missed to send [SUBSCRIBE_URL] link.

From my understanding on how Double Opt-In should work if a subscriber hasnt confirmed their subscription they shouldnt be getting the emails (campaigns).

So no that wouldnt work as if they are not confirmed they wont get the email anyway.

For subscription. Turn user into double opt.

Great!Yes.Too..

Now i see, there is the option to edit this template and i´ve found [SUBSCRIBE_URL]
Can i use [SUBSCRIBE_URL] in a campaign ?

Like:
<td style="border-collapse:collapse">Please click <a href="[SUBSCRIBE_URL]" style="color:#008ca9;text-decoration:none">here</a> in order to complete your subscription.<br />

I just want to leave the actual activation template like it is,because there are new users signing up and i want to set
a campaign only for those users who my system missed to send [SUBSCRIBE_URL] link.
From my understanding on how Double Opt-In should work if a subscriber hasnt confirmed their subscription they shouldnt be getting the emails (campaigns).

So no that wouldnt work as if they are not confirmed they wont get the email anyway.
If all else fails, you can use the 'profile update' link to get the (re)confirmation.

If all else fails, you can use the 'profile update' link to get the (re)confirmation.
Great Idea.
I don´t have any experiences with this profile link tool.
I see it´s just fname,lname and email. How can i offer more options to be "optional added" ?

I got it.
But form will always use my mailwizz domain.
This will be for sure changed , since i collect from domain12.com but send from domain1234.com @twisted1919 ?

Ah right, well a simple SQL Query can turn all your subscribers from Confirmed to Unconfirmed. I guess the tricky part is when you have hundreds of thousands of subscribers that then all need the confirmation email to be sent out. That will have to be something That will need to be developed. The new GDPR doesn't come into effect till March or May (if I remember correctly) 2019. So there's plenty of time to have this developed.

I know alot of you will want this sooner than later so you can start re-confirming everyone before the new rules come into place but that's in the hands of Twisted1919.

Ah right, well a simple SQL Query can turn all your subscribers from Confirmed to Unconfirmed. I guess the tricky part is when you have hundreds of thousands of subscribers that then all need the confirmation email to be sent out. That will have to be something That will need to be developed. The new GDPR doesn't come into effect till March or May (if I remember correctly) 2019. So there's plenty of time to have this developed.

I know alot of you will want this sooner than later so you can start re-confirming everyone before the new rules come into place but that's in the hands of Twisted1919.
This can be done by the 'profile update' link to get the (re)confirmations.
But the questions above seem to be meant differently, hence why we both asked, so lets try again...

Any update on MW in near future to makie it easier for users of mw?
This is about a legal thing..
What do you mean, can you clarify please?
Thx :)

Back