REQUEST: Stickied post for Mailwizz updates

Ray Li

I was using Mailwizz 1.5.4 for the longest time because I didn't realize that updates were no longer provided through the forum but through CodeCanyon. I understand that the changelog is included with the download but it would be really nice to have a stickied thread announcing new updates. For some reason, CodeCanyon isn't notifying me of Mailwizz updates so there's no way for me to know if a new version is available. It would help a lot to have a thread I can subscribe to and be notified when a new update is out.

The thread wouldn't have to post the changelog. Just a simple v1.7.0 is available, 1.7.1 is available would suffice!

Hello Ray,

If you use latest version, then it will automatically notify you in Backend that new version is available.

Also Auto Update feature is also implemented.

Hello Ray,

If you use latest version, then it will automatically notify you in Backend that new version is available.

Also Auto Update feature is also implemented.

For those who uses standard MW that's enough, but not all do that. With every new version/release of MW we need to test our complete set of plugins and theme(s), so I actually agree with it would indeed be a good thing to announce updates with release notes.

For those who uses standard MW that's enough, but not all do that. With every new version/release of MW we need to test our complete set of plugins and theme(s), so I actually agree with it would indeed be a good thing to announce updates with release notes.
That's true.

The autoupdate setting is located in Settings>Common

How does the autoupdate functionality work? I turned it on but Mailwizz did not start updating.

I think I figured out why Envato doesn't send us update notifications for Mailwizz. I got in touch with support and this is what they told me:
4wW0mPe.png

It appears that Mailwizz update notifications are turned off by the author or has not been turned on.
@twisted1919 can you please turn on update notifications?

@Ray Li - we don't always check the box which enables notifications for customers because we have days when we make 3 releases in a day, that would make people crazy. Instead we use our notification system which is built in the app. We also have an auto-update feature which you can use.

Back