Reply-tos and Bounce

Philip

Hi,

1) I logged in to the email account for where the bounce emails go, and found a lot of emails there.
Are they emails that were not being processed by Mailwizz? - Does this mean that I need to log in regularly to go through whatever emails that are still in there?

2) Is there any way to prevent users from replying to the campaign emails? I don't think changing the reply-to email account to a noreply@mywebsite.com will be effective.
But, I think I read somewhere that the reply-to email account has to be valid to reduce the chance of emails being regarding as spam - is this right?

3) There is a cron job for a cleaner. What exactly is being cleaned?

4) Are all cron jobs compulsory or can we opt out of some? Is there such a thing as putting the cron jobs on another domain? (e.g. can I do a "/usr/local/bin/php -q http://mywebsite./Mailwizz/apps/console/console.php bounce-handler >/dev/null 2>&1")

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

1) I logged in to the email account for where the bounce emails go, and found a lot of emails there.
Are they emails that were not being processed by Mailwizz? - Does this mean that I need to log in regularly to go through whatever emails that are still in there?
No, as long as this email box is added into mailwizz as a bounce server (is it?) and is active, then mailwizz will regulary connect to it to process the bounces. In order to process the emails, mailwizz looks for X-Mw-Campaign-Uid and X-Mw-Subscriber-Uid headers and will process the email only if it finds them. Some email providers will strip headers, so you'd want to look into the email source and make sure they contain these headers.

2) Is there any way to prevent users from replying to the campaign emails? I don't think changing the reply-to email account to a noreply@mywebsite.com will be effective.
But, I think I read somewhere that the reply-to email account has to be valid to reduce the chance of emails being regarding as spam - is this right?
This really isn't something where mailwizz can help, your choice entirely.

3) There is a cron job for a cleaner. What exactly is being cleaned?
Lots of stuff. Open it and see for yourself in case you are in doubts.

4) Are all cron jobs compulsory or can we opt out of some? Is there such a thing as putting the cron jobs on another domain? (e.g. can I do a "/usr/local/bin/php -q http://mywebsite./Mailwizz/apps/console/console.php bounce-handler >/dev/null 2>&1")
All cron jobs are mandatory, you have to use them all, and no, if you try to remotely call a cron job, it won't work ;)

Hope it sheds some light :D
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks.

1) In my control panel, the mail queue is really long. The sender is my bounce email server. If I delete these emails (because there are many invalid recipient email accounts), will the bounce processing in my Mailwizz system be affected?

Am I correct that:
When mailwizz processes a bounce email, it will delete the email thereafter right?
This means that the rest of the emails lying in the mailbox are those that have been stripped of the campaign-related headers? (I have looked through some emails and they do not have the X-Mw headers indeed.) Most of these emails appear to be auto-responder emails.

2) What I have done is to set up auto-response for my delivery servers.

1) In my control panel, the mail queue is really long. The sender is my bounce email server. If I delete these emails (because there are many invalid recipient email accounts), will the bounce processing in my Mailwizz system be affected?
Yes. because it won't process what you delete. You can delete them if they are not related to mailwizz.

When mailwizz processes a bounce email, it will delete the email thereafter right?
Yes, you are correct.

Back