Read-only UNSUBSCRIBE_EMAIL_FIELD

josephcvh

Hi all,

Is it possible to disable edit/change email address on ( [UNSUBSCRIBE_EMAIL_FIELD] ) at Unsubscription form page? Just show the email address as read-only field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Joseph

That's not possible, nor we will change it.
The unsubscribe form should allow people to enter the email address to be removed from list even if the default is populated.

That's not possible, nor we will change it.
The unsubscribe form should allow people to enter the email address to be removed from list even if the default is populated.

Thanks for the reply @twisted1919 .

One of our client request not to let their customers to edit/change.

Is there any possible way to hide the box field border with css so it will seems like read-only?

Thanks,
Joseph

s there any possible way to hide the box field border with css so it will seems like read-only?
That's totally possible, and i can also tell you how to do it.

Create a new file called app-custom.js in the frontend/assets/js folder. MailWizz will autoload it.
Inside the file, add this content:
JavaScript:
jQuery(document).ready(function($){

// make sure we're on the unsub page
    if ($('.ctrl-lists.act-unsubscribe').length) {

// make sure our field is already populated
        if ($('#ListSubscriber_email').val()) {

// add the readonly attribute
            $('#ListSubscriber_email').attr('readonly', true);
        }
    }

});

That's totally possible, and i can also tell you how to do it.

Create a new file called app-custom.js in the frontend/assets/js folder. MailWizz will autoload it.
Inside the file, add this content:
JavaScript:
jQuery(document).ready(function($){

// make sure we're on the unsub page
    if ($('.ctrl-lists.act-unsubscribe').length) {

// make sure our field is already populated
        if ($('#ListSubscriber_email').val()) {

// add the readonly attribute
            $('#ListSubscriber_email').attr('readonly', true);
        }
    }

});

@twisted1919 thanks for the solution.

During creating new campaign i need to add my unsubscribe link but after adding my unsubscribe link which is an external link like "http://abcd.com/unsubscribe " and i try to save the template and click save next it says " The following tags are required but were not found in your content: [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL ] ". What's the solution for this because i don't want to use the mail wizz unsusbcribe url due its appearance. Kindly advise.

During creating new campaign i need to add my unsubscribe link but after adding my unsubscribe link which is an external link like "http://abcd.com/unsubscribe " and i try to save the template and click save next it says " The following tags are required but were not found in your content: [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL ] ". What's the solution for this because i don't want to use the mail wizz unsusbcribe url due its appearance. Kindly advise.

Hi @kal09,

I am fairly new in Mailwizz. But I think u need to change the Template Tags to "Not Required" at ur backend settings if u wish to use ur own unsubscribe link.

Here are the steps:

Hope this helps.

Joseph

Back