Re-send Campaigns to those that Failed - Free Script

sendmedialtd

Hi Guys,

Since version (1.4.4) any emails that fail to be sent will automatically get re-sent a maximum of 3 times. In my case i have noticed that on a small number of campaigns that some emails are still failing and are given the status of GIVEUP which means MailWizz has given up trying to resend the email again for one reason or another.

If your using an older version and dont want to update due to custom addons which will fail to work if you update then this script will also work for you. Just double check the SQL queries first before running.

This script allows you to do the following:

Re-send a campaign to those with GIVEUP status
Change Delivery Server when re-sending.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwdlF9myUVWqeDVxVEJfRmJtMEU

There is no login to use this script so please rename the script to somthing no one will find or remove the script after use. DO NOT use this script if you are using the Queue Table function to send your emails otherwise it will send the campaign out ALL the subscribers again. Even though this script has been tested you use this script at your own risk.

Make sure you change the first line on the script and place your MySQL Database login details.

Support: If you need any help with this script please reply to this thread and ill help you out.

@sendmedialtd, I already have batter version of this using plugin so no one need to put any database login details etc.
also according to @twisted1919, in new version no need for this script as MW is doing this for you.

Thanks for your help :)

So kind of you, @sendmedialtd !
Maybe @AHK and you (and @twisted1919) can put all three options for this resend feature together for the better :)
@sendmedialtd, I already have batter version of this using plugin so no one need to put any database login details etc.
also according to @twisted1919, in new version no need for this script as MW is doing this for you.

Combining all three would give these additional features:
# set number of retries in backend (instead of yes/no, with 0=no)
# consider time between retries: linear/quadratic (not essential, but cool)
# choose DS for retries
;)

Last edited:

Yeah i could of done that myself (not sure why i didnt to be honest) and just include/require the config file which holds the database details for MailWizz.

Correct about MW already doing this but as i explained it only re-tries 3 times and you can still have some emails with the GIVEUP status even after those 3 attemps. Also for those using the old versions that dont want to update to new versions then they can use this script to re-send the campaigns.

Combining all three would give these additional features:
# set number of retries in backend (instead of yes/no, with 0=no)
# consider time between retries: linear/quadratic (not essential, but cool)
# choose DS for retries
;)

If you want to set the number of retries MailWizz make instead of the default 3 you can do the following:

Add a param in your configuration apps/common/config/main-custom.php :

PHP:
'campaign.delivery.giveup.retries' => 10,

That will make mailwizz try 10 times instead of 3 times. You can thank @twisted1919 for that ;)

If you want to set the number of retries MailWizz make instead of the default 3 you can do the following:

Add a param in your configuration apps/common/config/main-custom.php :

PHP:
'campaign.delivery.giveup.retries' => 10,

That will make mailwizz try 10 times instead of 3 times. You can thank @twisted1919 for that ;)
Yes, I know I can do that in the code...what I was proposing, was for everyone to be be able to easily (without going into code) change that setting, of course I like it as it is already (I love MailWizz)!
:)

backend -> settings -> cron
retry failed sendings

Hi,

I have a query. If suppose sending fails, does MailWizz try a different server on retry or does it keep trying sending using the same delivery server?

Background: I am at the moment facing issues where the delivery servers are not accepting in-bound emails.

Thanks

Back