Provider message rate

d3m0n

Hello to Fellow community members,

hope everyone is safe
we have started offering a complimentary free package to attract new users to our email marketing service.
Sadly, 99 % of newcomers are carefully spamming major providers without serous complaints, but the reputation at Google postmaster dropped from high to low in just a week time with very little bounces and almost no abuses. Several IPS got blocked with proofpoint.
We have run a stats on top delivered providers and got the top 7 : proofpoint, mimecast, office 365 (outlook) ,cisco , gmail ,hotmail , barracudacentral.
With top 4 that are very strict to us : proofpoint, mimecast, office 365 (outlook) , gmail .
Just curios, if anyone could share what msg rate ( how many emails can we send legal per minute per hour) according to allowed guide lines, so we could play according to rules and not get punished.
Is it possible to limit the sending speed on the Mailwizz with "Pause after send" or "Hourly quota" or it must be set on the side of MTA?

Any tips and advices are welcome

My main tip: do everything you can to stop your customers from spamming (sending unsolicited emails, which are not based on the recipient's consent). It will be hard to recover from a ruined IP address reputation if you intend to continue mass emailing. I would immediately block customers who trigger spam traps or have a higher-than-average bounce rate. If you offer your service for free (even for a limited time), you're just inviting rogue emailers to use it as long as they can.

Slowing down the send rate now won't do much at this stage by the sounds of it: horse, barn door... you know.
Sorry - unless I misunderstood your post entirely.

Last edited:
@nadworks thx for the tip. the main issue that they don't have a high bounce rate and they don't hit any spam traps, but the Google postmaster shows the reputation is dropping. we are trying to find a solution on how to quickly spot the bad guys and limit their access before they can damage our reputation. Just curious how others solve this kind of problems with a free trials that they offer or offering a free trial is a bad idea?

Back