Processing Auto Replies - Out of Office, On Vacation etc

fasteddy

It seems that Auto-replies from mail recipients are included with soft bounces and get processed by Mailwizz and then deleted.

I would like to identify these auto replies and get the body information from them, either by not deleting them or maybe saving the information in the bounce message.

Is there any way to achieve this

My thoughts are ….
  1. Put the email body into the bounce message (alter rules.php and bounce handler script)
  2. Identify and don’t delete them
  3. Send auto replies to a different email address (that are not processed by bounce handlers)

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your quick response. I'm not sure your reply has solved the problem....
In the panel 'Update Bounce Server' the setting 'Delete all messages' was set to no(still is). The pop up tip associated with this setting says that this setting only stops Mailwizz deleting unrelated messages in the mail box(see attached image). Maybe I'm missing something.

I am interested in using the 'email box monitor'. Would this enable me to trap these emails before they are deleted?
Or can I stop the system processing (and deleting) soft bounces but still process other bounces?
Or maybe turn the bounce server off completely until I've sorted the auto replies and then run it.

Thanks in advance
Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 4.49.36 pm.png

@fasteddy - my solution meant to keep the emails in the email box after they are processed so they can also be picked up by the email box monitor after the bounce server already did it.
But then i remember that once one of them processes the email in any way, it is marked as read so the other one will not pick it up anymore.
If you find a way to mark them as unread, then the second processor will pick them up as well, but then the first one will also pick them up, so you might end up in a loop.

I would like to identify these auto replies and get the body information from them, either by not deleting them or maybe saving the information in the bounce message.
I think your only way would be to edit the bounce rules, you can copy the file /apps/common/vendors/BounceHandler/rules.php into web/apps/common/vendors/BounceHandler/rules-custom-override.php
and then remove the rules from there as you see fit.

@twisted1919 can you post a snippet how we can tell mailwizz either the bounce handler or box monitor to not mark messages a "read" this will allow a lot more options.

I think there is a bug if the monitor runs in front of the bouncer cron it will mark everything as read/del and bouncer wont get fired

can you post a snippet how we can tell mailwizz either the bounce handler or box monitor to not mark messages a "read" this will allow a lot more options.
Problem with this approach is that the handlers will run ina loop then choosing same emails over and over again. not too good.

Back