Problem with Setting up Delivery Server Starting Swift_SmtpTransport

ztrdoo7

Hi,

I had set up one smtp server with no issues. then I set up two more one Amazon SES the other a normal SMTP account and both are giving this error when trying to validate.

• Cannot send the confirmation email using the data you provided.
  • Here is a transcript of the error message:
  • Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]
    Log data:
    ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
    !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]

If anyone could assist with how to fix this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

Hey,

!! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]
This pretty much means your server does not know who the smtp server is, looks like an internal server misconfiguration, a dns issue.
Contact your host about this, they'll know what to do or if you are on a vps with root access, edit /etc/resolv.conf and add google's nameservers in the file, see https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Thanks.

I don't think the issue is there according to the host, the application log is saying

2015/05/11 16:41:13 [error] [exception.CHttpException.500] exception 'CHttpException' with message 'The email address is missing.' in /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/backend/controllers/Delivery_serversController.php:269
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Delivery_serversController->actionValidate('2')
#1 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/actions/CAction.php(109): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(Delivery_serversController), Array)
#2 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/actions/CInlineAction.php(47): CAction->runWithParamsInternal(Object(Delivery_serversController), Object(ReflectionMethod), Array)
#3 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(308): CInlineAction->runWithParams(Array)
#4 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(133): CController->runAction(Object(CInlineAction))
#5 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(1116): CFilterChain->run()
#6 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/filters/CInlineFilter.php(58): CController->filterPostOnly(Object(CFilterChain))
#7 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(130): CInlineFilter->filter(Object(CFilterChain))
#8 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(291): CFilterChain->run()
#9 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CController.php(265): CController->runActionWithFilters(Object(CInlineAction), Array)
#10 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): CController->run('validate')
#11 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('delivery_server...')
#12 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php(184): CWebApplication->processRequest()
#13 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/apps/init.php(196): CApplication->run()
#14 /home/crpmarketing/public_html/backend/index.php(18): require_once('/home/crpmarket...')
#15 {main}
REQUEST_URI=/backend/index.php/delivery-servers/validate/id/2
HTTP_REFERER=http://crp-marketing.com/backend/index.php/delivery-servers/update/type/smtp/id/2
---

I have talked with host all the ports are open credentials are correct and I have even tried installing a new instance to test. I keep getting the same error. ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport

[php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]

Ok, I have set this up on 4 different servers now including my original with hostgator, an amazon ecs, a linode server, and another vps server all different providers. No matter where (and all the ports are open on all of them) I am getting this error:
  • Connection could not be established with host smtp.direct-cashadvance.com [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]
    Log data:
    !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.direct-cashadvance.com [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]
I will pay someone to show me how to fix this problem or tell me how to fix this issue because it is obviously not the server issue it is something either in the program or the way I am setting it up, but I am following the instructions to a tee.

Any help would be unbelievably appreciated I have been fighting with this for almost 3 weeks now.

Zach

P.S. I have tried multiple SMTP services as well... the one above is just one, I have an amazon SES as well, none work I get the same message for all.

Hey,

if you have ssh access to the server, root access, i can quickly fix this issue for you.
Also i'll need backend login to the app.
PM me details.

Thanks.

Hello.
Sorry, I write through an interpreter
I get this error
------------------------------
Cannot send the confirmation email using the data you provided.
Here is a transcript of the error message:
Connection could not be established with host smtp.site.com [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]
Log data:
!! Connection could not be established with host smtp.site.com [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]
resolv.conf
# Generated by NetworkManager
search contabo.host
nameserver 213.136.95.10
nameserver 79.143.183.252
nameserver 2a02:c200:1:10::2543:1
# NOTE: the libc resolver may not support more than 3 nameservers.
# The nameservers listed below may not be recognized.
nameserver 2a02:c200:0:10::1351:1
how to fix?
Thank you!

Code:
$ ping smtp.site.com

ping: cannot resolve smtp.site.com: Unknown host
So that host does not exists, your server correctly reports this.

tell me how to fix it?
write a hosting provider?
Mail on the same site hosting works fine through SMTP.
mailwizz script I did not install, and moved to another host.
I'm sorry, I write through a translator.

i think instead o using smtp.site.com you should actually write smtp.your-site-name.com where your-site-name.com is actually your site name.
For example smtp.aaaaa.com if aaaa.com is your domain.

Ok, that hostname works for me:
Code:
Starting Nmap 7.00 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2015-12-28 12:36 EET

Nmap scan report for mail.wveb.ru (5.189.142.34)

Host is up (0.030s latency).

Not shown: 985 filtered ports

PORT      STATE  SERVICE
21/tcp    open   ftp
22/tcp    open   ssh
80/tcp    open   http
110/tcp   open   pop3
143/tcp   open   imap
443/tcp   closed https
465/tcp   open   smtps
587/tcp   open   submission
993/tcp   open   imaps
995/tcp   open   pop3s
2525/tcp  open   ms-v-worlds
3306/tcp  open   mysql
5432/tcp  closed postgresql
8083/tcp  open   us-srv
12000/tcp closed cce4x

If it still does not work for you, try using the ip address instead of hostname. if that does not work either, then contact your host and point them to this thread.

Back