Problem to update mailwizz

Gustavo

Hello there.

I've trying to update my mailwizz installation, I use the same step-by-step posted on KB (overwrite the old files with the new files in update folder) but I got the same error every time:

/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/mailwizz/apps/console/console.php update
exception 'CException' with message 'Application runtime path "/var/www/html/mailwizz/apps/common/runtime" is not valid. Please make sure it is a directory writable by the Web server process.' in /var/www/html/mailwizz/apps/common/framework/base/CApplication.php:294

Looks like the runtime folder is not present on the update folder. When I try to use the old 'runtime' folder have other error.

How can I fix this?

and check your file permissions. Are the uploaded files owned by the account under which MW runs?

I've try too, but got the same error. The permissions are the same of the old. The problem is the folder.

I think you actually replaced the existing files with the new ones, this is why the app complains about a missing directory.
The update folder does not contain the runtime directory because it already exists on the host.

But twisted1919, I use a Mailwizz youtube video to update my version, and the video show that I need to replace all folders. Do you have a list of folders that I can or can't replace with update folder files?

@Gustavo - the video shows that you have to override the existing files, not replace them. Same says the instructions from KB.
If you're using a MAC, then while uploading it will actually remove all the files on the host and then upload the ones from your MAC which is very very wrong.

Now it's complicated for you to get back on track. You have to install the version you had, from scratch, into a new database, then after install, swap the databases, and then finally do the upgrade once again.

@Gustavo - the video shows that you have to override the existing files, not replace them. Same says the instructions from KB.
If you're using a MAC, then while uploading it will actually remove all the files on the host and then upload the ones from your MAC which is very very wrong.

Now it's complicated for you to get back on track. You have to install the version you had, from scratch, into a new database, then after install, swap the databases, and then finally do the upgrade once again.
@twisted1919 It's ok, I have a backup to restore. BTW, I'll try overriding the files, I think that can fix the problem.

Thanks.

Where to find previous versions, and how to find out which one was previously install?

Where to find previous versions, and how to find out which one was previously install?

The currently installed version is shown at the bottom right corner (and perhaps you have some screenshots while running previous version). So if your update failed, you may be able to see the old version there as well.

If you cannot find it there, look into the mailwizz directory into the file CHANGELOG where you will find at the top the version you have installed (as that is the latest at the time of your install/update).

If you have already overwritten the old/previous version with the new/updated files, then you can still try to find out by release/file date of that previous version (as some files/directories do not get changed while updating).

Back