Problem testing bounce server

CodeSquared

Hi,

Is there way to test bounce servers are working?
Any settings that I missed?

Things I tried:
I've setup new delivery server & bounce server. I tried to test bounce server by sending campaign with non-existing email addresses. But non of those emails bounced back (i.e didn't receive any emails to bounce email account).

Note: Those emails are not in local email blacklist & bounce email cron runs fine.

I assume your delivery servers are regular smtp servers, right?
Did you associated the delivery server(s) with the bounce server(s)?
In Backend -> Misc -> App log, do you get any hint related to bounces?

yes they are regular smtp servers. for bounce email I use email account from yandex.com (with custom domain).
I've already associated delivery servers with bounce servers. No there is nothing related to bounce in App log.

Do you have any suggestion for this issue?

The only suggestion i have is to try using your own smtp server, not yandex's.
Free accounts from yandex / gmail / yahoo tend to be problematic because they detect connections and they block them if they're too often.

You mean they will block incoming emails to those accounts?
Cron jobs successfully check that account (i've test that by setting delete all emails option in bounce server settings, and sending email into that account).

Well I configured a SMTP with amazon SES and a bounce server using gmail (associated them) and that didnt work. I disabled the bounce server because another thread said I didnt have to manage bounces with SES. Guess what? 4 Campaigns and nothing but 2 internal bounces. Cant seem to get a campaign to fire or land in my inbox. I have literally run through every video and dug deep in this forum. I am just struggling to get this to work.

Well I configured a SMTP with amazon SES and a bounce server using gmail (associated them) and that didnt work. I disabled the bounce server because another thread said I didnt have to manage bounces with SES. Guess what? 4 Campaigns and nothing but 2 internal bounces. Cant seem to get a campaign to fire or land in my inbox. I have literally run through every video and dug deep in this forum. I am just struggling to get this to work.
If you use AmazonSES as SMTP server, then you need to configure a bounce server yourself in mwz. Ideally use the same address as the FROM address, since mwz will clean out only the bounces, and having the same FROm = BOUNCE = ReplyTo will give good consistency (i.e. filters like that, spammers use three different addresses oft).

Back