PowerMTA Dashboard - Central PMTA Configuration Management

Jamie Whittingham

PowerMTA Dashboard
rsz_1bf05c7c636a443c2b2e937fca4163cb9.png

Introducing PowerMTA Dashboard ...

With PMTA-Dash you will be able to manage multiple Port25 PowerMTA servers for both Windows and Linux from a central location. Manage multiple SMTP Users, Virtual MTAs / Virtual MTA Pools, Domains and everything in between and when your all set, with the hit of a button your configuration file will be published to your PMTA server and your changes will be live within seconds.

screenshot_mnage_server.png screenshot_setup.png screenshot_smtp_user.png

We have built this tool as we see many users asking for PowerMTA config help and decided to fill the need.

We have spent a lot of time testing and tweaking the preset settings for all the major ESPs out there and spent extensive time working with Port25 staff to get a perfectly built configuration file that will help increase inbox rates and reduce your risk of being blocked / blacklisted.

Please head over to www.powermtadashboard.com for pricing and purchases.

Thanks to those in the MW community who helped with testing and suggestions - you guys all rock !!

lol and anywhere from 2 - 10x the cost of mailwizz itself which is extensively more software... good luck with that madness

@idedicated - this software is not limited to being used with a one MailWizz installation or MailWizz at all.

When your paying upwards of $4,000 at LEAST a year for PowerMTA, then $49 per server at its highest to manage said server is a very good market price.

Tha fact is even more important when there is nothing like this software on the market at ALL.

But thats for your great community spirit and stepping on hours, days and weeks of my hard work.

PowerMTA Dashboard
rsz_1bf05c7c636a443c2b2e937fca4163cb9.png

Introducing PowerMTA Dashboard ...

With PMTA-Dash you will be able to manage multiple Port25 PowerMTA servers for both Windows and Linux from a central location. Manage multiple SMTP Users, Virtual MTAs / Virtual MTA Pools, Domains and everything in between and when your all set, with the hit of a button your configuration file will be published to your PMTA server and your changes will be live within seconds.

We have built this tool as we see many users asking for PowerMTA config help and decided to fill the need.

We have spent a lot of time testing and tweaking the preset settings for all the major ESPs out there and spent extensive time working with Port25 staff to get a perfectly built configuration file that will help increase inbox rates and reduce your risk of being blocked / blacklisted.

Please head over to www.powermtadashboard.com for pricing and purchases.

Thanks to those in the MW community who helped with testing and suggestions - you guys all rock !!

Not sure if I overlooked it or if it is built-in somewhere hidden, can your software create and update all the sending directives/policies for each domain/group/mx? I've seen config files that were small/thin/useless and a few that are extensive/differentiated/useful, so my wish would be for an auto-updating feature for these domain/group/mx-specific settings.

BTW, the buy buttons for all but the $99 option go to another product (thought you'd might like to know).

Can you tell how it is different from the PMTA management console?

Looks generally really good! Thx!

Hi @frm.mwz

Do you mean the domain macro's for say everything handled by hotmail mx servers vs all domains that sit on the yahoo MX network?

If that is what you mean then yes, this config file has those already configured for the correct settings.

Thanks about the buttons, I will check that now.

My comment has nothing to do with "community spirit" or "stepping on your hours, days and weeks of working so hard at a keyboard"... you pulled this same shit back on BHW in 2011 with your shitty IEM mods... just saying man... maybe come back to earth and actually provide a good cost/value ratio - you will do a lot better peddling your scripts.

1) My so called "shitty IEM mods" worked very well thank you very much and they did exactly what they said on the tin.
2) No one is 'peddling' anything, this is a legit sales thread that directly relates to the email marketing industry.
3) The most expensive package is $49 per server profile going down to $11.96 per server profile. Please explain how those prices are over priced or unfair based upon what Port25 charge for the PowerMTA platform itself?
4) The cost to value ratio ... that is a very good and valid point. The time you will save using PowerMTA Dashboard vs manually editing configuration files makes the tool extremely valuable and does raise the value ratio multiple times over - thanks for bring that to everyones attention.
5) You do understand that when facing off against someone, the last ditch move is always to smear the reputation of the other party and its a very bad move because it tips your hand.

Just saying man

1) Figure of speech, don't get too excited
2) 0_o
3) Comparing your software to Port25's is laughable, again come back to earth
4) Not really
5) I have no reason to "face off" or smear your reputation, if anything I've confirmed that you've been in business since 2011 using the same name - I am not selling/peddling/pushing any software or agenda here - only stating the obvious. So not sure what you mean by "tips my hand"...

None the less, good luck peddling your super supreme software that you warrant a price of up to 500 for :rolleyes:

Read the sales page please, its $500 for the ability to manage an unlimited number of PowerMTA servers.

I said about the cost of PowerMTA because this tool supports their program so in someone didnt have PMTA then they would not need my software.

Jesus .... always got to love the haters.

Have a wonderful day.

Do you mean the domain macro's for say everything handled by hotmail mx servers vs all domains that sit on the yahoo MX network?

If that is what you mean then yes, this config file has those already configured for the correct settings.
Yes, and are those being regularly updated automatically by your software, i.e. with user input? Say you start to admin a pmta server and hook i into your software, will these be extended/reduced as they develop by those providers, or does one have to keep doing that manually?

Can you tell how it is different from the PMTA management console?

Generally for someone who repeatedly sets up and manages several pmta servers, it seems good value for money!

@frm.mwz

The Port25 PowerMTA MC is ok at what it does and it does give some good insights into mailing stats and thats something I will be working on in a future update but for right now its all about the configuration of a PowerMTA server for now.

With regards to the domain macro settings, the ones we have right now have been tried and tested but as the ESP's update their settings then we will adjust the master settings within the backend. I dont want to push those settings to remote users but they can publish updated config files to the PMTA server's, unless customers want the auto updates to be published to their servers. I might give them the option to have that feature.

You can always override a domain-macro by adding say 'hotmail.com' to the domain section and have your own settings for that domain.

The Port25 PowerMTA MC is ok at what it does and it does give some good insights into mailing stats and thats something I will be working on in a future update but for right now its all about the configuration of a PowerMTA server for now.
And neither pmta nor the MC help with the setup at all, correct?

as the ESP's update their settings then we will adjust the master settings within the backend. I dont want to push those settings to remote users but they can publish updated config files to the PMTA server's
This sounds good, as one might want to amend/adjust, maybe a few servers, and then see, then continue to adjust. I could imagine a list where one de/selects the domains into a group, just a thought.

So PMTA itself is just a test edit for the configuration file ... its a <textarea> and nothing more. PMT MC does have a basic UI for managing the server but its not easy to navigate and I find it very clumsy at best.

Please could you explain what you mean by de/select the domains into a group ?

Always welcome / open to suggestions and ideas :D

So PMTA itself is just a test edit for the configuration file ... its a <textarea> and nothing more. PMT MC does have a basic UI for managing the server but its not easy to navigate and I find it very clumsy at best.

Please could you explain what you mean by de/select the domains into a group ?

Always welcome / open to suggestions and ideas :D
Just had the idea that all domains/mx one would want in a group could be put into a text field line by line, it would sort it and match with what already there in the config and then you un/select or un/mark them and it will take those back into the config and replace the others.

lol and anywhere from 2 - 10x the cost of mailwizz itself which is extensively more software... good luck with that madness

Time will tell, I guess...

One thing that non-developers never seem to realize is that it's not just the time it took to develop something that makes up the price, but also the ideas, uniqueness, preparations, value-for-money, market value and so on. On top of this, creating software that requires someone else's software (like building plugins for MW) also means that you can never have more customers than for the original software, pretty obvious, but making a comparison between the pricing of the original software and the software that builds on top of it, can never be a "fair" comparison.

One thing is definitely certain and that is that the value for Mailwizz by far exceeds its price. I guess all of us has been spoiled by the MW price and yet I wonder how many who really pays for the proper license. I know I do, I currently have six extended licenses and one regular for development.

Well, it's a free market so it's up to everyone to decide for themselves whether to buy this SW or not and again, time will tell.

---

Good luck with your sales , Jamie . I have no intention to interfere with your sales thread. I just thought the above needed a comment.

Last edited:
The one part I do not get (this is based on the number of queries I receive about my Github PMTA bouncehandler) is that there are many users of Port25 out there who manage an really expensive mail infrastructure but somehow have not bothered to even read the PowerMTA userguide in it's entirety.

While tools like OP's are valuable to those people, I seriously question that some lack the basic skill set to manage a Linux server and tools like this are more a danger as it now even more removes competence from people who already have very basic knowledge of how their infrastructure works.

I seriously doubt that it is possible to have a boiler-plate Pmta configuration. It is very easy to setup acct-file, pattern-lists, smtp-pattern-list, domains, sources, vmta pools etc. Where it becomes challenging is to actually monitor / analyse the accounting files and then adjust domain settings to have a sensible configuration to allow to backoff quick enough and still have high throughput.

Anyone with a valid license can access the domain configurations and performance tips via the Port25 forum (https://forum.port25.com) or have Port25 assist with certain performance issues.

Where it becomes challenging is to actually monitor / analyse the accounting files and then adjust domain settings to have a sensible configuration to allow to backoff quick enough and still have high throughput.
Which tools could automate this (to save time/cost compared to manual/outsourced adjustments)?

My comment has nothing to do with "community spirit" or "stepping on your hours, days and weeks of working so hard at a keyboard"... you pulled this same shit back on BHW in 2011 with your shitty IEM mods... just saying man... maybe come back to earth and actually provide a good cost/value ratio - you will do a lot better peddling your scripts.

Oh yea, I remember those. I also remember the Facebook auto post plugin that they released where I bought a res-seller/white labelled version and a weeks later the plugin was not working anymore. I then was promised a new version and after many months of waiting I was told whoever bought it over discontinued the project. Blew 1000$ in the wind there.

Not saying this will happen with this plugin, but I for one will never deal with Jamie again.

@jp1981

FB Fist was shut down because we got a C and D plus a law suite from Facebook.
I also was the developer of the software, not the front man, sales guy nor did I handle the money. That was Burton Lancaster and he screwed me for large amounts of money and left me out the hang with Facebook.

I'm extremely sorry that you did not get your product nor a refund and I would like to make it right.

Do you still by any chance have the same PayPal account or know what email address you used to purchase with. If we can verifiy proof of purchase then we can work something out.
Kind Regards

Back