postfix or exim for high voluem email ?

blackmetal

Hello,
i want send about 1-3m email per day so i want know which mta is better for use exim or postfix ?
i now postfix has better performance and handling but i want know can exim handle this amount of email ?
also what is the best control panel for postfix ?so i can limit daily smtp account
thanks

and just another question iredmail pro support throttle and free version does not support that, do you know any other better as like as them ?
thanks

@Stanley Ukadike - have you asked the question on that particular githib repository ?
Yes i have, apparently returnpath routing was suggested. Problem is the MTA can only forward returnpath to HTTP Endpoint. At the moment mailwizz cannot process the data if routed to "dswh" endpoint. The only solution i guess will be to implement "postal-web-api" delivery server but will have to make a lot of modification to the core codes. It will be overwritten by ver 1.4.4 which i am anticipating.

@Stanley Ukadike - Not really, the way the code in dswh is implemented allows you easily to add a new webhook endpoint for processing, but i get your point, maybe it's the time to add it as a delivery server, i just have to make the time to install it on a server and see how sending/bouncing actually work. This might take a while.

@Stanley Ukadike - Not really, the way the code in dswh is implemented allows you easily to add a new webhook endpoint for processing, but i get your point, maybe it's the time to add it as a delivery server, i just have to make the time to install it on a server and see how sending/bouncing actually work. This might take a while.
That will be very nice. More options

Looking at the dswh code, you mapped each function to a delivery server. Will adding a custom function without the map work?

@Stanley Ukadike - You can simply create a new controller near dswh one, name it as you wish, and do your logic there.
I cannot get the webhook to work properly. Postal successfully posts the event but campaign doesn't get updated. Please take a look at the code. Added smtp servertype map, the endpoint returns 400 without server id. My coding very basic.

Attachments

• DswhController.txt
    59.1 KB · Views: 8
You need to include a server id in the way you have done the change.
If you don't want to use a server id, see how actionDrh is implemented.

You need to include a server id in the way you have done the change.
If you don't want to use a server id, see how actionDrh is implemented.
i implemented just like actionDrh at first but the endpoint returns a 400 response if no server id is specified. Had check the database for the server id and implemented as such including the server id. It then returns a 200 response but campaign bounce still doesn't get updated.

Gotcha, then it's either you get a developer to help you further with this or you can wait till i get a chance to look into this server type and see how things work.
Thanks.

Gotcha, then it's either you get a developer to help you further with this or you can wait till i get a chance to look into this server type and see how things work.
Thanks.
I just had the time to really look into this and test. Apparently the $deliveryLog is empty because the 'email_message_id' is NULL in the database. For some reason which i can't figure out mailwizz doesn't save the message_id.

@Stanley Ukadike - That column should most of the time be saved when sending via smtp. I don't really see a reason for why it's empty, unless the smtp server does not generate a message id... could you check on that?

Back