plain text email

frm.mwz

How does one set a list/AR to have only plain text email?
(So no html edit before, only plain text, perhaps with border indication.)

Is the only way to create plain text emails to have them automatically created from html?
(This destroys any carefully created formatting when you edit by hand.)

Is there a way to separately determine the html part and the text part (multi-part mime, as e.g. in outlook express or other well-designed email programs)?

Can one disable the html editor (CKeditor) per user/customer?

@frm.mwz - When you create a campaign, you have an option to choose if that campaign is Plain text only, in the template step there is a dropdown that says Plain text only: yes/no.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/24syid96s7r8can/Screenshot 2016-03-30 17.27.16.png?dl=0
Is there a way to separately determine the html part and the text part (multi-part mime, as e.g. in outlook express or other well-designed email programs)?
Yes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqlulcv00n63o9u/Screenshot 2016-03-30 17.27.47.png?dl=0
Just click show plain text version and you can view and edit it accordingly.

Can one disable the html editor (CKeditor) per user/customer?
Nope, i don't see the point for this :-?

@twisted1919
In step 2 (setup) the 'plain text email' (generate from html) was set to 'no' (so to not have 'auto generated' plain text in robot format).
(Then I searched everywhere in settings, lists, campaign, etc...for quite a while...before posting above question.)
But only if set to yes (auto generate plain text from html, which one might want to avoid), then there is the option in step 3 to actually edit the plain text by choosing 'only plain text'.
Perhaps the help text bubble in step 2 for the 'plain text' choice could contain that in step 3 one can choose to edit plain text only or can determine each part separately (it is otherwise confusing)?

Now that the above is clear, I guess that CKeditor can edit both, plain text and html without forcing html and hence does not need to be disabled just to have plain text only.

thx :)

Last edited:
Back