Out Of Office

Alaskas

Hey,

I sent some test emails and I put some auto response (Out of office) to some of them and I didnt get back the auto response message.

Hey there,

have you got this solved?
This is the response that i get:

ADMIN:

If you send emails to an email address which is out of office, via MailWizz, the remote server will bounce the email to it's sender, which in MailWizz terms means the bounce address, and that is categorised as a soft bounce and marked accordingly.

I think you're confusing how things should work with this.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to make this clearer.

ME:

1. If its soft bounce why i cant see the message in campaing report?
2. Also, if I want to receive somehow these messages (out of office) how I can do it?

ADMIN:

1. If mailwizz managed to parse it, then you will see it, sometimes it takes a bit of time to appear there because the bounce message can be returned after days by the remote server.

2. There's no way to do this, if they are bounces, they are treated accordingly.

ME:

For example in other platforms like mailchimp, you can see these messages (out of office)? I just asking because if someone ask me to know how i will respond.

ADMIN:

If bounce processing is properly set, they will be able to see these in the bounces area of their campaigns.

Thanks.

This is the response that i get:

ADMIN:

If you send emails to an email address which is out of office, via MailWizz, the remote server will bounce the email to it's sender, which in MailWizz terms means the bounce address, and that is categorised as a soft bounce and marked accordingly.

I think you're confusing how things should work with this.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to make this clearer.

ME:

1. If its soft bounce why i cant see the message in campaing report?
2. Also, if I want to receive somehow these messages (out of office) how I can do it?

ADMIN:

1. If mailwizz managed to parse it, then you will see it, sometimes it takes a bit of time to appear there because the bounce message can be returned after days by the remote server.

2. There's no way to do this, if they are bounces, they are treated accordingly.

ME:

For example in other platforms like mailchimp, you can see these messages (out of office)? I just asking because if someone ask me to know how i will respond.

ADMIN:

If bounce processing is properly set, they will be able to see these in the bounces area of their campaigns.

Thanks.

They are actually true. I have found a solution, but it might affect your sender reputation.

There is a file called.

/var/www/html/wizz_prod/apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php

Code:
 //  ['name' => 'List-Unsubscribe',               'value' => $listUnsubscribeHeaderValue],
             //   ['name' => 'List-Unsubscribe-Post',          'value' => 'List-Unsubscribe=One-Click'],
             //   ['name' => 'List-Id',                        'value' => $list->list_uid . ' <' . $list->display_name . '>'],
              //  ['name' => 'X-Report-Abuse',                 'value' => 'Please report abuse for this campaign here: ' . $reportAbuseUrl],
              //  ['name' => 'Feedback-ID',                    'value' => $this->getFeedbackIdHeaderValue($campaign, $subscriber, $list, $customer)],
                // https://support.google.com/a/answer/81126?hl=en#unsub

these lines are mandatory for Google to guide and fbl but also , List-Id and Precedence headers are signaling the autoresponders to break according to

if you comment them out, the auto responders will start arriving to your bounce.
But be careful, it might harm your sending reputation

Hello,
That is not something you should do. NEVER modify code in Mailwizz. Especially in the send-campaigns command. You may run into unwanted issues. Doing that it will make us not being able to resolve your tickets.

Cosmin

Back