Opens to clicks rate

Alberto

Dear,

I can see my stats for each campaign and they seem right, open rates and all that is fine. However I noticed that "Opens to clicks rate" is always shown as 0 for every campaign. In reality I can track that I do get clicks, I wonder if there is something that I need to configure to see that on the stats.

cheers,

Alberto

@Alberto - That rate is calculated as:
Code:
$rate = ($this->getUniqueOpensCount() / $this->getUniqueClicksCount()) * 100;
So i think it should show something as long as the opens and clicks are > 0

I understand what you are saying, that's why I find it strange. I see I'm getting clicks on my tracking platform from those links

Sorry for stupid question, but are you actually tracking clicks (with the URLs rewritten and passed through mailwizz)? Or are you using the actual URLs to your site?

Because you can't track clicks without the URLs being rewritten.

I usually avoid this because in long run your rewritten links will become dead links, due to a number of reasons (not sure if deleting the campaign also does it, but it probably would). Its better to have real links in the emails, so 5 years (an exaggeration) down the line the links still work. Just my opinion on this.

Another reason to have real links is if the emails appear somewhere on the internet, you will get a link back to your site, which is often good for google rankings. Also if someone shares the link from your email in facebook by copying it from your email, you wont get credit for the like/share if they copy the rewritten URL. Small things, but in the long run there is some benefit to having real links in your emails. Tracking stats is also very useful of course. You have to decide what is more important to you.

Back