Open percent calculations wrong after update to 1.7.2

Papapooch

Hello,
Has anyone seen a problem with the Calculations for Campaign statistics after the update to MW version 1.7.2? We updated last night an see incorrect calculations today.
Open-calc-wrong-after-update.JPG
The campaign sent on 02/19/19 seems to be correct. Both campaigns used the same list with the same number of subscribers. It shows 223 opens at 4.388% for 5,831 sent. The same campaign sent on 02/20/19 (after the update) however shows 79 opens at 3.192 percent for 5,829 sent. That is not even close to correct. The one sent on 02/20/19 was SCHEDULED before the update was run. But why should that make any difference? ThanksOpen-calc-wrong-after-update-022019.JPG Open-calc-wrong-after-update-detail.JPG

@laurentiu - Thanks for the encouraging response.
I looked at the same campaign today hoping that the calculations would be now correct. Unfortunately that is not the case.
First my calculations:
5829 sent -760 bounces = 5069 delivered.
123 opens / 5069 delivered = 2.426 %
Mailwizz calculations for same campaign = 4.972%
I think I will move this to a support request for @twisted1919

Open-calc-wrong-after-update-nextday.JPG Open-calc-wrong-nextday-detail1.JPG Open-calc-wrong-nextday-detail2.JPG

Sorry I didn't post this earlier. So everyone knows, it turns out it was a problem with 2 of our private SMTP servers. Mailwizz was working just fine. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry I didn't post this earlier. So everyone knows, it turns out it was a problem with 2 of our private SMTP servers. Mailwizz was working just fine. Thanks for the suggestions.
What exactly happened? Could be interesting for others to learn from. Thanks!

Just a silly mistake on my part. I spun up the 2 servers using Amazon EC2. I created them with 30 GB volumes thinking that would be enough for simple smtp servers. Unfortunately it was not and the "disk" space was eaten up causing all kinds of problems. Why it skewed the calculations in Mailwizz, I'm not sure. After I resized the volumes everything went back to normal.

Why it skewed the calculations in Mailwizz, I'm not sure
because mailwizz does a lot of calculations and tries to cache them for later usage. Not having enough disk space to store these results can lead to such issues like you experienced.

Back