On which file do I find the "Please confirm your subscription" text?

Ángel Candelaria

Hi. New MailWizz user here.

I just activated the translation extension and auto-generated the translation files. But I can't find which file contains the "Please confirm your subscription" text (the subject line on the confirm subscription email)?

On which file do I find it?

Last edited:
According to this post, it should be on list_subscribers.php. However, I don't see the text Please confirm your subscription anywhere on the file's content.

Here's what I have on the auto-generated list_subscribers.php file:
Code:
<?php defined('MW_PATH') || exit('No direct script access allowed');

/**
* Translation file for "list_subscribers" category.
* This translation is automatically generated by the Translate extension.
* @package MailWizz EMA
* @author Serban George Cristian <cristian.serban@mailwizz.com>
* @link http://www.mailwizz.com/
* @copyright 2013-2016 MailWizz EMA (http://www.mailwizz.com)
* @license http://www.mailwizz.com/license/
* @since 1.1
*/

return array (
  'Toggle filters form' => 'Toggle filters form',
  'Filters' => 'Filters',
  'Did open' => 'Did open',
  'Did click' => 'Did click',
  'Did not open' => 'Did not open',
  'Did not click' => 'Did not click',
  'Days' => 'Days',
  'Weeks' => 'Weeks',
  'Months' => 'Months',
  'Years' => 'Years',
  'Subscriber' => 'Subscriber',
  'List' => 'List',
  'Unique ID' => 'Unique ID',
  'Email' => 'Email',
  'Source' => 'Source',
  'Ip Address' => 'Ip Address',
  'Lists' => 'Lists',
  'Statuses' => 'Statuses',
  'Sources' => 'Sources',
  'Action' => 'Action',
  'Unique' => 'Unique',
  'Campaigns' => 'Campaigns',
  'Campaigns Action' => 'Campaigns Action',
  'Confirmed' => 'Confirmed',
  'Unconfirmed' => 'Unconfirmed',
  'Unsubscribed' => 'Unsubscribed',
  'Unapproved' => 'Unapproved',
  'Blacklisted' => 'Blacklisted',
  'Disabled' => 'Disabled',
  'Moved' => 'Moved',
  'Api' => 'Api',
  'Import' => 'Import',
  'Web' => 'Web',
  'In the last' => 'In the last',
  'Submit' => 'Submit',
  'Back to lists' => 'Back to lists',
  'Are you sure you want to unsubscribe this subscriber?' => 'Are you sure you want to unsubscribe this subscriber?',
  'Subscribe back' => 'Subscribe back',
  'Are you sure you want to subscribe back this unsubscriber?' => 'Are you sure you want to subscribe back this unsubscriber?',
  'Confirm subscriber' => 'Confirm subscriber',
  'Are you sure you want to confirm this subscriber?' => 'Are you sure you want to confirm this subscriber?',
  'List subscribers' => 'List subscribers',
  'Subscribers' => 'Subscribers',
);

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Last edited:
Hi. New MailWizz user here.
I just activated the translation extension and auto-generated the translation files. But I can't find which file contains the "Please confirm your subscription" text (the subject line on the confirm subscription email)?
On which file do I find it?

According to this post, it should be on list_subscribers.php. However, I don't see the text Please confirm your subscription anywhere on the file's content.
Here's what I have on the auto-generated list_subscribers.php file:
Code:
<?php defined('MW_PATH') || exit('No direct script access allowed');
/**
* Translation file for "list_subscribers" category.
* This translation is automatically generated by the Translate extension.
* @package MailWizz EMA
* @author Serban George Cristian <cristian.serban@mailwizz.com>
* @link http://www.mailwizz.com/
* @copyright 2013-2016 MailWizz EMA (http://www.mailwizz.com)
* @license http://www.mailwizz.com/license/
* @since 1.1
*/
return array (
  'Toggle filters form' => 'Toggle filters form',
  'Filters' => 'Filters',
  'Did open' => 'Did open',
  'Did click' => 'Did click',
  'Did not open' => 'Did not open',
  'Did not click' => 'Did not click',
  'Days' => 'Days',
  'Weeks' => 'Weeks',
  'Months' => 'Months',
  'Years' => 'Years',
  'Subscriber' => 'Subscriber',
  'List' => 'List',
  'Unique ID' => 'Unique ID',
  'Email' => 'Email',
  'Source' => 'Source',
  'Ip Address' => 'Ip Address',
  'Lists' => 'Lists',
  'Statuses' => 'Statuses',
  'Sources' => 'Sources',
  'Action' => 'Action',
  'Unique' => 'Unique',
  'Campaigns' => 'Campaigns',
  'Campaigns Action' => 'Campaigns Action',
  'Confirmed' => 'Confirmed',
  'Unconfirmed' => 'Unconfirmed',
  'Unsubscribed' => 'Unsubscribed',
  'Unapproved' => 'Unapproved',
  'Blacklisted' => 'Blacklisted',
  'Disabled' => 'Disabled',
  'Moved' => 'Moved',
  'Api' => 'Api',
  'Import' => 'Import',
  'Web' => 'Web',
  'In the last' => 'In the last',
  'Submit' => 'Submit',
  'Back to lists' => 'Back to lists',
  'Are you sure you want to unsubscribe this subscriber?' => 'Are you sure you want to unsubscribe this subscriber?',
  'Subscribe back' => 'Subscribe back',
  'Are you sure you want to subscribe back this unsubscriber?' => 'Are you sure you want to subscribe back this unsubscriber?',
  'Confirm subscriber' => 'Confirm subscriber',
  'Are you sure you want to confirm this subscriber?' => 'Are you sure you want to confirm this subscriber?',
  'List subscribers' => 'List subscribers',
  'Subscribers' => 'Subscribers',
);
Am I looking on the wrong place?

fyi, see here
https://forum.mailwizz.com/posts/10414
https://forum.mailwizz.com/posts/12230

your sought phrase "Please confirm your subscription" is in here
\apps\api\controllers\List_subscribersController.php
\apps\frontend\components\behaviors\ListControllerCallbacksBehavior.php

BUT, better only change the translation files, not the original files
(as described in above referenced post)

(please note, even if you have tried the translation files from
"es_ar.zip", they are for an old version)

@Ángel Candelaria - Strings are added in the files dynamically, that is while you browse the app, strings are added in the file. So you need to make sure the folder that contains the translations is always writable by the web server, recursive. Same goes for the files from within the folder.

Thanks for your replies, @frm.mwz and @twisted1919 .

Indeed I'm using the translation extension, and the folder and files are writable (files have 0666 and folder 0755 permissions).

The problem is that the translation extension is not picking up the text Please confirm your subscription. If I understand correctly, it is supposed to be on the list_subscribers.php file in apps/common/messages/es/, right? Or should I be looking at another file?

I've tried navigating through the list overview section on the frontend area, but still can't get the text Please confirm your subscription to show up on the list_subscribers.php file.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
@Ángel Candelaria - Does this happen even after you have enabled translation and subscribed to list and got an email with that subject ?

Yes. I just tested it again to be sure.

I subscribed myself with a different email, received the confirmation email with the Please confirm your subscription subject, clicked to confirm, and nothing. The text is not automatically added to the list_subscribers.php file in apps/common/messages/es/.

Yes. I just tested it again to be sure.

I subscribed myself with a different email, received the confirmation email with the Please confirm your subscription subject, clicked to confirm, and nothing. The text is not automatically added to the list_subscribers.php file in apps/common/messages/es/.

pls zip all in
apps/common/messages/es/
and post it here
or
do a full text search through these files for the sought phrase

Hi.

I searched the files using grep, but didn't find the string.

I'm attaching the requested files on a .zip.

Thanks for the help so far.

Attachments

• es.zip
    37.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi.

I searched the files using grep, but didn't find the string.

I'm attaching the requested files on a .zip.

Thanks for the help so far.

@Ángel Candelaria

mh, the phrase is not in there, anywhere

it seems not all phrases, and also not all files are yet there

perhaps clearing the app caches and browser cache may help and then load/run the files that contain the phrases a few times with hard reload/force refresh (ctrl/shift f5)

also, have a look into the (old) fr translation, it has 62 files, and fr_fr\list_subscribers.php has the phrase, perhaps you can patch/borrow

@twisted1919 is there a way to force process the files through the translation on cli?

also, have a look into the (old) fr translation, it has 62 files, and fr_fr\list_subscribers.php has the phrase, perhaps you can patch/borrow
Got it!

I downloaded de fr_fr translation, copy and pasted the missing text into my list_subscribers.php file, cleared all caches, did the test again and it worked. Now the subject line is translated properly.

So what I'll do is to copy and paste the texts I need into my files, and translate them. Piece of cake ;).

In fact, I don't mind having MailWizz's interface in English. What I really need is the Please confirm your subscription text, as well as other similar email subject lines, translated into Spanish, as that is what the end user will see when he or she receives the message.

So, besides the Please confirm your subscription text, are there any other email subject texts that I should also translate? I just want to avoid sending an email with a subject in English to a Spanish speaker.

@twisted1919 As a suggestion for a future update - you should consider adding the option for each customer to edit the subject of those system emails directly on the list pages section. That way it won't be necessary to deal with the translation files just to change an email subject line.

Thanks @twisted1919 and @frm.mwz ! You've both been very helpful.

So what I'll do is to copy and paste the texts I need into my files, and translate them. Piece of cake ;).
as long as you go by what is actually in the version u r using, it should be fine (as the fr_fr is from an old one) ;)

So, besides the Please confirm your subscription text, are there any other email subject texts that I should also translate?
try all that is related to 'list pages' (incl double opt-in/out), as those produce either emails or error messages (e.g. when wrong/known email put in) on screen that u might want to translate :D

each time u majorly update the 'es' files, pls post them in the forum, so many will be grateful!
thx
:)

@twisted1919 As a suggestion for a future update - you should consider adding the option for each customer to edit the subject of those system emails directly on the list pages section. That way it won't be necessary to deal with the translation files just to change an email subject line.
Yup, that's requested already, will be added at some point.

@twisted1919 is there a way to force process the files through the translation on cli?
Yeah, we can make that happen, i'll look for solutions, adding a cli command like: "create-translations" or something will do it, will just have to see the best way of parsing things.

Back