Number of opens when importing subscribers

MBB

Hello,

I want to send an AR campaign to people who did not open previous AR campaign. For the two AR campaigns I created a list and added "number of opens" custom field and put 0 into the default value. Then I created a segment "without opens" with operator "is not" and value "1". I believe this will enable me to segment my list to openers and unopeners. Do I understand well that when someone opens the email, he will be assigned "1" and those who will not open will have "0"? My problem is that when I create a subscriber manually, I can already see a 0 in the number of opens custom field but when I import subscribers, this field is left blank (unpopulated). What am I doing wrong?

Also, after some time I want to be able to exclude from my list those who did not open either of the campaigns. What is the best way to do it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
I can already see a 0 in the number of opens custom field but when I import subscribers, this field is left blank (unpopulated). What am I doing wrong?
In your list you need to set default value to 0 on that custom tag and enable sync list custom fields from Backend > Settings > Cron > Subscribers settings > Custom fields sync > Yes

In your list you need to set default value to 0 on that custom tag and enable sync list custom fields from Backend > Settings > Cron > Subscribers settings > Custom fields sync > Yes
And wait for the hourly cron to run to sync your custom fields.

Back