Nothing happen when update

Before update folder replace, you need to offline site from backend setting.

After run update,
You get Alert message that it's updated successfully ?

Also check in Footer - it shows updated version 1.5.7 or still old one.

Before update folder replace, you need to offline site from backend setting.
That's what i did.
After run update,
You get Alert message that it's updated successfully ?

Also check in Footer - it shows updated version 1.5.7 or still old one.
I have 1.5.1 in footer, this confirm that update was not success.
I don't get any message, any alert, any error_log just webpage redirected automatically to http://www.mydomain.com/backend/index.php/dashboard/index

and mailwizz switch to ONLINE mode

I have uploaded the update folder and then tried to run
Please follow the upgrade instructions, they are very clear. They say you have to copy the contents of the update folder from your local pc over ftp on your server to overwrite your application files, do not replace, but override them.

Please follow the upgrade instructions, they are very clear. They say you have to copy the contents of the update folder from your local pc over ftp on your server to overwrite your application files, do not replace, but override them.

i confirm that i have done all this, no way.
However, i have donwloaded mwizz 1.5.7 from another envato market account instead of the account associate with the 1.5.1 version.
Could be this the issue ?

@Oussama - nope, that cannot be the issue.
I don't know what to tell you than that there is no issue with the upgrade process if followed correctly.

@Oussama - nope, that cannot be the issue.
I don't know what to tell you than that there is no issue with the upgrade process if followed correctly.

Nevertheless i have an issue and i 'am sure that i have followed the update process correctly.
if there is an error somewhere, how can i check it from mailwizz log ?
I can't see nothing on application log or php error log,
I have full control on the mwizz server so i can give you all details you want to help me.
thanks

@Oussama 0 can you explain us, step by step the entire process you have made ?

1- I have download mailwizz from envato market, filename is codecanyon-6122150-mailwizz-email-marketing-application.zip
2- Unzip file , folder mailwizz-1.5.7 appear
3-i Update the license via https://www.mailwizz.com/update-license/, done with success.
4- I put mailwizz offline from backend
5-Using FileZilla, i overwrite current update folder (mailwizz 1.5.1) by the newest one already downloaded (1.5.7)
7- I change owner for this update forlder to mwizz, put it on 777 permissions.
8 - run http://www.mydomain.com/backend/index.php/update

==>i 'am redirected to http://www.mydomain.com/backend/index.php/dashboard/index and site become online.
0 error, 0 error_log, 0 application_log

5-Using FileZilla, i overwrite current update folder (mailwizz 1.5.1) by the newest one already downloaded (1.5.7)
Are you sure the files get overwritten? Because i think that's step that doesn't help you, i think you simply skip the files instead of overwrite them. After the upload process is complete, check the files from ftp and see their modification date, it should be today's date. If it isn't, it means the file were not changed.

All file (not folders) indicate last modification today.
I'am sure that i have done overwriting,
here is some screen shots Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

Why do you upload the contents of the update folder over FTP at /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/update ? That's not correct.
The instructions say you have to upload those files over your running app files ;)
If you go in backend > misc > cron jobs list, take one cron from there, no matter which one, and paste it here. This way i will know the path to your app and i can tell you where to upload the files.

@twisted1919
this is the path for cron
* * * * * /usr/bin/php5 -q /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
how can i do so, hope that you solve the issue. :)

@Oussama - You need to upload the files from the update folder over the files from this folder: /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/

Like that i'll have my update folder in /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/update/ ?
And after i'll do a cp from /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/update/ to /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/update/ ?

Or you mean that i erase all /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/ folder with the update content folder ?

Last edited:
No, please read my comment, it says clearly, like super clear, you have to copy the files from the update folder over the files from /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/

Do not erase a thing!

So, using a ftp client, you select all the files from your local update folder which contains latest version of the app and you then copy them inside /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/ folder. The files inside the update folder goes inside the /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/ folder.

They have a similar structure for a reason, so that the files with the same name from the update folder to overwrite the files with same name from your /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/ folder.

Is it more clear now ?

No, please read my comment, it says clearly, like super clear, you have to copy the files from the update folder over the files from /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/

Do not erase a thing!

So, using a ftp client, you select all the files from your local update folder which contains latest version of the app and you then copy them inside /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/ folder. The files inside the update folder goes inside the /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/ folder.

They have a similar structure for a reason, so that the files with the same name from the update folder to overwrite the files with same name from your /home/mwizz/mailwizz-1.5.1/latest/ folder.

Is it more clear now ?

Yes sir, :)
i'll let you know the task is in process...

Back