New Server Setup, do i need...

Hi,
We have just set up a new server and think we have covered most things but there are a couple that we are a little unclear on.

The server is being run via an AWS Instance on a sub domain. We have an SMTP connector configured under Delivery Severs that is using a service called SMTP2Go. This is all tested, its verified and as far as we are aware all working.

what i am unclear on is

Do we need to set up a bounce server ?
Do i need a Feedback Loop Server ?
Do i need the Email box Monitor ?

With all three options there is a suggestion that each one needs a dedicated email account. What would be a good suggestion, do we simply use something like gmail.

Our mail email is managed via Office 365 so i would rather not set up email accounts in there as they are quire expensive.

Finally, do we need to configure the sending domain. I had a quick look and our plan is that every customer will send via there own domain using ours as fall back if they decide not to or forgot to add it. We manage our own DNS so i have no issue adding additional records but we already have some txt records due to the SMTP2Go service we use.

Thanks..

Do we need to set up a bounce server ?
Yes. your smtp will forward the bounces to a certain email address. find out that address and add it as a bounce server in mailwizz.

Do i need a Feedback Loop Server ?
Most likely yes, ask your smtp provider to be sure. If you have to, add abuse@your-domain.com / postmaster@your-domain.com and fbl@your-domain.com

Do i need the Email box Monitor ?
Nope.

What would be a good suggestion, do we simply use something like gmail.
Never use free hosting accounts for these things. use an email address of your domain.

Our mail email is managed via Office 365 so i would rather not set up email accounts in there as they are quire expensive.
That's expected, but you can have a domain only for mailing purposes, lots of people do it (i.e if your domain is whatever.com get a whatever.email), and host your emails at name.com for example, or anywhere else where the price is decent and you can create lots of account. If the price is still not on your taste, you can setup a mail server in minutes, see https://www.iredmail.org/ and you can ahndle all your accounts from there.

Finally, do we need to configure the sending domain.
Nope, don't add sending-domains in mailwizz, you don't have to.

Back