New bounce server - Unknown error while opening the connection!

Jerome

Hi,

I am getting the error 'Unknown error while opening the connection!' at the bounce server

I am just using my domain name without www. at that spot, just like the other two (delivery server and feedback loop server). However, I does not work at that bounce server.

Does anyone know a solution?

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. If I change it to POP3 it will also give a different error code:

OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot DA ready.

Maybe you now more about the issue due to this error code?

@Jerome - What can be, i am not sure, but it might be because the imap protocol is much newer than what your current php version implementation knows. Is there any change to upgrade to php 7.1 or so, in case you haven't already ?

Hi Twisted, thanks for your quick reply again. I have version Php 7.0.26 right now, so that could be the issue indeed.

Ehm, I will try to have that one updated. Mailing works though, but just can't setup a bounce server :(

But is this feature required? I do clean my e-mail list through a different program, so my bounces won't be too many. But yes, sometimes I do receive them.

@Jerome - while it is not required, it's a good thing to have, we advise having one.
Maybe check the server logs where the bounce server is located, those logs can tell what's going on.

Back