Need Autoresponder series to stop automatically for contacts who reply to any of the sequence emails

Nash Ryker

We have a sequence of emails to send to a list of contacts, but we need the autoresponder to stop for those contacts who send us a reply. The whole purpose of this campaign is to get a reply from those who are interested, therefore the remaining emails in the sequence will be unneeded for those particular contacts.

How can I accomplish this with Mailwizz?

Is there any possible way to have some custom development done to make this happen? We are currently using another platform that offers this functionality but they only allow us to send 500 emails per day per account. Your software will be the perfect solution for us if we can get this one detail worked out. Please let me know what our options are regarding this. Thanks very much.

Can this be done via API somehow?
Not quite, the api cannot detect such things.

Please let me know what our options are regarding this
For now mailwizz has the ability to move a subscriber to another list if that subscriber opens or clicks a link inside the campaign.
Doing this will stop the AR cycle. So if you can make your subscriber reply you by clicking a certain link and then you move the subscriber in another list automatically via mailwizz, then the issue solves itself. Even if the subscriber does not click your link but replies to the campaign email, then you will get the email and be able to click that link for him.

Otherwise we could modify a bit our Email Box Monitors feature, and add additional actions to take when the subscriber replies to an email, but that is a bit more complex and time consuming.

If I had to do this right now, I would simply prepare the reply with a "mailto:" incl subject and body and hence force it to have all that is needed to make the EBM work ;)

Thanks, we're going to try and make your suggestions work. But I am having trouble finding the option to move them to a different list when they click a link. The only options I'm given are for when they either open a campaign email, or upon the campaign email being sent to them: https://www.screencast.com/t/aNbiN0gmCxG6

Where can I find this option?

Ok, but won't that also then include everyone who only opens our emails but does not reply? Our goal is to continue following up a few times with those who open but don't reply.

Thanks for clarifying.

Ok, but won't that also then include everyone who only opens our emails but does not reply? Our goal is to continue following up a few times with those who open but don't reply.

Thanks for clarifying.
If they click/open, you can move subscribers to another list.
If they reply, you can use the EBM to unsubscribe them from your ARs and engage via customer service email.

What about this...

Could you assign a different "reply to" email address in the first (and subsequent) email they receive, so that if they reply they will be automatically subscribed to a "new list" and at the same time removed from the original list?

It would seem that if they did not "reply" to the first email, they would continue to get the follow up emails until they do. Then if they reply on any followup email they would be in effect sending an email to a new list which would then subscribe them (to the new list) and subsequently remove them from the original list.

or does mailwizz not do this (remove from one list when someone subscribes to a new list)?

just thinking out loud (and sometimes I shouldn't).

Thanks, we're going to try and make your suggestions work. But I am having trouble finding the option to move them to a different list when they click a link. The only options I'm given are for when they either open a campaign email, or upon the campaign email being sent to them: https://www.screencast.com/t/aNbiN0gmCxG6

Where can I find this option?

You find this option on next step "Campaign template".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 9.50.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 9.50.40 AM.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 8
What about this...

Could you assign a different "reply to" email address in the first (and subsequent) email they receive, so that if they reply they will be automatically subscribed to a "new list" and at the same time removed from the original list?

It would seem that if they did not "reply" to the first email, they would continue to get the follow up emails until they do. Then if they reply on any followup email they would be in effect sending an email to a new list which would then subscribe them (to the new list) and subsequently remove them from the original list.

or does mailwizz not do this (remove from one list when someone subscribes to a new list)?

just thinking out loud (and sometimes I shouldn't).
If you use the EBM for the unsubscribe from the old and the list setting to subscribe to the new list, it could work.
But there are caveats, e.g. if they reply from another than the subscribed address, or if they are on several lists, or if the reply to address is not respected by the receiving server, etc.
It might be better to use the subscribe by email extension and create a mailto: link where you prepare everything so they only need to click on it.

Back