Multiple "Use for" for the same delivery server

tfb

I added a separate delivery server and I'd like to use it both "List" and "Transactional Emails" and not any other types of mails. Because "Use For" doesn't allow multiple selections, should I add it twice (same API key) and choose a different "Use for" for each? Would that affect webhook setups?

Last edited:
Thanks! I did that, but the List emails (double opt-in verification emails and welcome emails) aren't going through the server I marked for List. I'm using 1.9.18. Here's my setup:

Customer - DS1 - List
Customer - DS2 - Campaigns
System - DS3 - Transactional Emails
System - DS4 - All

I have only one Customer (myself). The Customer is allowed to use System servers. My intention is to have all List emails go through DS1. That server is more reliable. Its low quota is still more than sufficient for only List emails. All campaigns should go through DS2, which is less expensive than DS1. DS3 is copied from DS1. It seems transactional emails belong to the System, not a Customer, which makes sense. Finally, DS4 serves as a backup and catch-all in case a quota is reached or a server can't be used due to a domain policy.

However, I'm seeing in backend/misc/delivery-servers-usage-logs that more List emails went through DS2 than DS1. I'd like to have 100% of double opt-in verification emails and welcome emails go through DS1. Any idea why the server designated for Campaigns was picked for delivering List emails?

Last edited:
Answering my own question in case someone also runs into this. Trial-and-error shows disassociating the delivery server for Campaigns from the customer helped in making sure the delivery server for List is always used for confirmation and welcome emails. The new setup:

Customer - DS1 - List
System - DS2 - Campaigns
System - DS3 (copy of DS1) - Transactional Emails
System - DS4 - All

Answering my own question in case someone also runs into this. Trial-and-error shows disassociating the delivery server for Campaigns from the customer helped in making sure the delivery server for List is always used for confirmation and welcome emails. The new setup:

Customer - DS1 - List
System - DS2 - Campaigns
System - DS3 (copy of DS1) - Transactional Emails
System - DS4 - All
So it worked as you want ?

It does now. When the server for Campaigns was assigned to the customer, it's often picked for List emails. To me it shouldn't be, but because the customer's servers are given priority over the system's servers, pushing the server for Campaigns down to the system level helped. It might still be an issue when there are multiple customers, each with their own separate servers for List and Campaigns, but it's not an issue when I'm the only customer or when the customer has only one server for everything.

Back