Multiple smtp servers

rizwiz

Hello,
I'm using Mailwizz form very beginning and I'm very satisfied with it.
I have a question on the following scenario.
4 servers, 1 domain: 3 server used as smtp and one for installing MailWizz into.
I've added correctly 3 smtp server to MailWizz and I configured the same smtp account on all 3 smtp:

account@account.com -> mail01.smtp.com
account@account.com -> mail02.smtp.com
account@account.com -> mail03.smtp.com

Now for bounce server I setup one account@account.com and used for all 3 smtp. Is that correct?
Other than that, how "rotation" between smtp works? How can they switch between 1,2 and 3?

Thanks!

Hi,
for bounce account depend on “how many bounce you think to have” and where is hosted you bounce email account ( size of mailbox eg ).
For rotation you have 2 pages
- backend / settings / cron -> change server option
- backend / settings / customer / campaigns-> change server option
ah.. also in customer group area you can change this settings but only in you use group

Thanks nemesis82
I don't know how many bounces I have, but for sure I need something to manage them :) I simply add the same account@account.com as bounce server, so it should be able to grab bounced e-mail.
I checked and found the options for switching between server - thanks again.

Other than that, how "rotation" between smtp works? How can they switch between 1,2 and 3?

Thanks!
You need a server level software and it's expert to do that.
PowerMTA and alternatives can do that.
PHP based rotation is not for Marketers actually.

You need a server level software and it's expert to do that.
PowerMTA and alternatives can do that.
PHP based rotation is not for Marketers actually.

I don't think that's exactly what he's asking but I may be wrong... I'm still learning all this stuff like he is.

When you set up multiple SMTP servers within MW it will simply go through them one by one based on the limits you set for each within the app.

I don't think that's exactly what he's asking but I may be wrong... I'm still learning all this stuff like he is.

When you set up multiple SMTP servers within MW it will simply go through them one by one based on the limits you set for each within the app.
I suggested him better and fruitful things for him.
using multiple servers is pain. But using a single Server with Multiple even /24 (256 IPs) IPs is better and reliable.
to do this type of task PowerMTA or alternatives are needed.
PHP Based rotation will be conflict surely at some point.
everything will be OK but delivery will not happen.

I suggested him better and fruitful things for him.
using multiple servers is pain. But using a single Server with Multiple even /24 (256 IPs) IPs is better and reliable.
to do this type of task PowerMTA or alternatives are needed.
PHP Based rotation will be conflict surely at some point.
everything will be OK but delivery will not happen.

I think doing that would put you at risk for an IP range block. Separating and running across multiple SMTP servers on different datacenters would be safer?

I think doing that would put you at risk for an IP range block. Separating and running across multiple SMTP servers on different datacenters would be safer?
The thing is no way is safer for Email marketers who did not legally collect the lists. After that The reputation of IP and Domains is top priority.
But renting blocks from DCs at cheaper costs is better.
take a look at the photo.
This server is configured with only 29 IPs.daily cleaning and sending Huge volumes.
now give your opinion.
Thanks

Attachments

• pmta stat.jpg
    pmta stat.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 54
I don't know how many bounces I have, but for sure I need something to manage them :) I simply add the same account@account.com as bounce server, so it should be able to grab bounced e-mail.
The problem with this is, that many receiving servers these days choose to send bounces back not to the designated bounce server (BS), but to the From address or ReplyTo or Bounce or Sender, i.e. you do not know upfront, and you cannot force them. Hence, if you have all addresses in the header the same (From = ReplyTo = Bounce = Sender), and then have forwards to the bounce server (if need be), it will always work, and you need only one BS (per customer).

Back