Multi-step/multi-page forms. Possible?

Pat Friedl

I'd like to set up a funnel where on the first page, I just ask for the email on the first page and then on the second page, collect name, cell, etc.

So the user would be subscribed with the first form and redirected to the page with the second form. Filling in that info would update the user and then they'd get redirected to a different page.

Is there any way to do do this with MW without some heavy scripting and API work? Since I need to do this for multiple clients, that could end up being a good bit of work.

This is where an optional redirect field would be really REALLY good in MW...

I'd like to set up a funnel where on the first page, I just ask for the email on the first page and then on the second page, collect name, cell, etc.

So the user would be subscribed with the first form and redirected to the page with the second form. Filling in that info would update the user and then they'd get redirected to a different page.

Is there any way to do do this with MW without some heavy scripting and API work? Since I need to do this for multiple clients, that could end up being a good bit of work.

This is where an optional redirect field would be really REALLY good in MW...
You could either use a page builder that supports that, or use the redirection after subscribe to put them to the profile update where you collect the rest of the data.

Nah, I'd rather not send them to the update profile page after submit because there's no way to have that be on the same domain or have it look like the lander without some extreme work.

Being hobbled by not having the option to redirect to any page by setting up a form field instead of having to custom write solutions every time is a big deal. In the next update (or even with a plugin) I'd love to have the option to set the redirect IN the form, much like Aweber does.

This would allow on-page scripting to change the field, or have multi-step forms like I mentioned.

Here's an additional question - if a user submits a form and subscribes and then submits the signup form again with updated info, does MW update the info?

Here's an example of How Aweber handles the form redirection...

<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="redirect-url">
<input type="hidden" name="meta_redirect_onlist" value="redirect-url-if-on-list">
<input type="hidden" name="meta_forward_vars" value="1"> (tells it to forward all the form variables in the querystring)

Having that control at the form level is very, very powerful.

Nah, I'd rather not send them to the update profile page after submit because there's no way to have that be on the same domain or have it look like the lander without some extreme work.
Have you tried it with simple 'iframe'?

Being hobbled by not having the option to redirect to any page by setting up a form field instead of having to custom write solutions every time is a big deal. In the next update (or even with a plugin) I'd love to have the option to set the redirect IN the form, much like Aweber does.
You mean each form could redirect uniquely instead of one redirect per list form?
Because you can set the redirects at the list level in 'list update' or 'form edit'

This would allow on-page scripting to change the field, or have multi-step forms like I mentioned.
Yes, this would be great!

Here's an additional question - if a user submits a form and subscribes and then submits the signup form again with updated info, does MW update the info?
If the email is the same, it would say 'The email address is already registered in the list, therefore you have been redirected to the update profile page.'

Here's an example of How Aweber handles the form redirection...

<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="redirect-url">
<input type="hidden" name="meta_redirect_onlist" value="redirect-url-if-on-list">
<input type="hidden" name="meta_forward_vars" value="1"> (tells it to forward all the form variables in the querystring)

Having that control at the form level is very, very powerful.
Can this be done, @twisted1919 ?

@Pat Friedl - We have an extension ( List form custom redirect ) that once enabled allows you to enter a url to redirect the subscriber after he subscribes. You can also set a time value after which the redirect should happen.
The redirect url can also contain the form values, you can enter something like:
Code:
https://www.redirect.to/index.php?email=[EMAIL]&fname=[FNAME]
Doesn't that work ?

@Pat Friedl - We have an extension ( List form custom redirect ) that once enabled allows you to enter a url to redirect the subscriber after he subscribes. You can also set a time value after which the redirect should happen.
The redirect url can also contain the form values, you can enter something like:
Code:
https://www.redirect.to/index.php?email=[EMAIL]&fname=[FNAME]
Doesn't that work ?
Is this
per list form (ie on a list level for each e.g. the subscribe form for that list has one redirect)
or
per form instance (at a particular site, so each form on each site gets another redirect)?

Back