mismatch in subscribers number

VVT

Hi All,

I have sent a campaign and faced 3 issues here :

1. I have sent a campaign to a list consisting of 52,838 subscribers. But it's showing wrong number of contacts in Statistics page - It was showing correctly for sometime, at some point it flipped to a wrong number.

2. It never stops sending. It shows 100 percentage, but it shows a wrong number of subscribers (as said above). Waiting time is shown as 1 second. I paused-resumed the campaign with no luck.

3. Statistics is showing "100% sent so far, that is 47,000 out of 42,579". How come "sent" value is more than "total" value ? "total" value is actually wrong here.

All these problems are visible in the screenshot attached.

Attachments

• camp.jpg
    camp.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 19
The counter include only subscribers that are confirmed at that moment, when it says X out of Y then Y is only confirmed subscribers, which in some cases can be less than X because X counts all of them, if that makes any sense to you...

Thanks, that makes sense. But, as the statistics page is showing the real-time count of confirmed contacts, metrics look confusing. This happens when we send to a huge list at a slow delivery speed and there's a good amount of bounce emails. So, the following will happen -

1. Estimated completion rate shows X out of Y delivered but X can be the larger number.
2. When the above point comes TRUE, system shows "Sent 100% so far" and Estimated completion duration becomes 1 second. This can be due to the X > Y problem.

That's how the statistics can be confusing to me (or anyone), I literally waited for 2-3 hours to complete the campaign after it showed 1 second to completion :).

So, can you please suggest a work around for this ? I think it's OK if MW sticks to the "total confirmed subscribers" count just before the campaign is started and never changes thereafter for that campaign. That would make more sense, that's what I feel :)

It doesn't always show that one second to completition for that long.
If you have many emails that failed sending with temporary errors and mailwizz retries them, then indeed the above can be shown for a longer while and there is really no fix for it unless you simply don't have any errors while sending.

Errors mean bounces ?

Roughly, I had 10K bounces for that 50K list. And delivery rate was set to 500 mails an hour. So, after some 43K was sent out, it showed 100% completed with 1 sec to completion. And it showed the same wait time until it reached 50K, ie, for almost 14 hrs (500 mails/hr). If it can't be changed, then I'll have to educate my customers. Thanks !

@VVT - Not bounces, but say connectivity errors between mailwizz and your smtp servers, or the like, which in mailwizz are simply temporary errors which will be retried 3 times before giving up.

Hmmm... I didn't find any errors like that, delivery was stable and successful !

Anyway, thanks for looking in to. I'll keep an eye on the future campaigns to see if it happens again. (I still suspect the confirmed contacts/sent percentage)

Meanwhile, if you want to check something, I can share the login details through support ticket. Let me know !

@twisted1919 Great, appreciated ! I've shared the details in tickets area !

And, I got some more evidences to prove my assumptions ;).

List size - 4,484 (confirmed contacts before the campaign started)
Speed - 500 emails an hour

1) In stat1 image, you can see the percentage of completion as - 63 , that's actually sent to confirmed contacts percentage (2500/3983) at mo after counting bounces so far. And 3 hours wait time is equivalent to the time taken to send out confirmed contacts (at mo) minus sent emails at 500 mails/h ((3983-2500)/500). But here , total percentage should be 57.7 (2500/4484) and wait time should be 4 hours ((4484-2500)/500).

Here, the fact to remember is, count of confirmed contacts got reduced during this campaign only (501 bounces as of now), it was 4484 before the campaign was started.

2) In stat2 image, you can see wait time is 1 second and 4000 emails have been sent so far. But actually, it waited for another 1 hour to send out rest 484 emails (500 emails an hour) as the 500 email quota was already over. And showing 100% completed (it might have been more than 100% but the arithmetic unit gave it a sense I guess ), actual percentage should be 89%. So the statics have been wrong from the event it started counting bounces.

Hope it makes sense now.

Happy weekend !

Attachments

• stat2.png
    stat2.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 6
  • stat1.png
    stat1.png
    74 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
@VVT - I see, thank you for detailed explanation.
While i believe this isn't an error per se, i think we can make an effort and try to show clear(er) information in this case.
Ty.

Errors mean bounces ?

Roughly, I had 10K bounces for that 50K list. And delivery rate was set to 500 mails an hour. So, after some 43K was sent out, it showed 100% completed with 1 sec to completion. And it showed the same wait time until it reached 50K, ie, for almost 14 hrs (500 mails/hr). If it can't be changed, then I'll have to educate my customers. Thanks !

10k bounce of 50k list, wow, I hope they pay you well! you must be on a bullet-proof server then :)
500/hr, that is extremely gentle, almost like hand-delivered ;)

@VVT - Not bounces, but say connectivity errors between mailwizz and your smtp servers, or the like, which in mailwizz are simply temporary errors which will be retried 3 times before giving up.

Where can this be set please (as it could be rather situational)? And is it possible to set this per (demanding) campaign or per (bad) list or per (naughty) customer or per (crappy) delivery server?

10k bounce of 50k list, wow, I hope they pay you well! you must be on a bullet-proof server then :)
500/hr, that is extremely gentle, almost like hand-delivered ;)
Can't you relate bw 10K bounces vs 500 emails an hour ? ;)

Back