Minimum server specs for MW

What's more important for email delivery with MW?

• CPU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RAM

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Both

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Radu C

Hi all,
I am planning to install MW on a VPS and I wanted to know your opinion about the server's minimum specs for the app to run well.
Let's take this case scenario: I would like to be able to send 100.000 emails in one hour using SMTP providers (ElasticEmail, Amazon SES, Sparkpost, Mailgun etc). What's more important for the server to run well? RAM or CPU? And how much of each?
Do you think 1 core of 2.4ghz and 4gb RAM would do the job?
I won't send 100.000 emails every hour, all day long! But if I will have 100.000 emails to send, I want to have them delivered in 1 hour. Supposing the SMTP providers will not block or slow down the delivery because I am talking about the server's capabilities, not about the SMTP provider.

What's your configuration and what's your sending volume? Can you share it so we can all benefit from this information?

Regards!

Hi all,
I am planning to install MW on a VPS and I wanted to know your opinion about the server's minimum specs for the app to run well.
Let's take this case scenario: I would like to be able to send 100.000 emails in one hour using SMTP providers (ElasticEmail, Amazon SES, Sparkpost, Mailgun etc). What's more important for the server to run well? RAM or CPU? And how much of each?
Do you think 1 core of 2.4ghz and 4gb RAM would do the job?
I won't send 100.000 emails every hour, all day long! But if I will have 100.000 emails to send, I want to have them delivered in 1 hour. Supposing the SMTP providers will not block or slow down the delivery because I am talking about the server's capabilities, not about the SMTP provider.

What's your configuration and what's your sending volume? Can you share it so we can all benefit from this information?

Regards!
see my other recent post, where i address ram, cpu, ssd, dbf settings, etc...and also the other other post (no pun intended) where the dbf settings are detailed (the more of dbf you have in ram, the faster you will go)

@frm.mwz you are talking about this answer?
"hdd: ideally go ssd
cpu: ideally have 4cpu+ @ 2ghz+
ram: ideally have 6gb+"

Right now I have 2cpu and 2 gm ram, to test the app. And afterwards I will increase the resources of the server. Thanks for your answer :)

I have another question if you or someone else can answer it... how can I perform speed delivery tests?
I saw people around here saying "I tested the app and noticed I send X emails in a number of Y minutes". I suppose you do it from ssh, can you give me some inputs about it?
Thanks!

@frm.mwz you are talking about this answer?
"hdd: ideally go ssd
cpu: ideally have 4cpu+ @ 2ghz+
ram: ideally have 6gb+"

Right now I have 2cpu and 2 gm ram, to test the app. And afterwards I will increase the resources of the server. Thanks for your answer :)

I have another question if you or someone else can answer it... how can I perform speed delivery tests?
I saw people around here saying "I tested the app and noticed I send X emails in a number of Y minutes". I suppose you do it from ssh, can you give me some inputs about it?
Thanks!

take a 10k list (ideally of which you own and control each email address) and
then you can see when all is sent (and even when all arrives) and
you can test from gui and cli (w/ an w/o pcntl and w/ various msg max/conn)

take a 10k list (ideally of which you own and control each email address) and
then you can see when all is sent (and even when all arrives) and
you can test from gui and cli (w/ an w/o pcntl and w/ various msg max/conn)

Thanks! From I knew I can check from GUI the time when I start the campaign and when it was finished. But how can I do it from the CLI?

Thanks! From I knew I can check from GUI the time when I start the campaign and when it was finished. But how can I do it from the CLI?
on my tests the last one in a sorted list tells in the header the sending and delivery time

Back