Merged lists?? Why??

Raoni

Hi,
Is there any way I can hide, or maybe not have the Merged lists??
It is very strange and confusing for the EndUser.....
Maybe the system could delete the merged list after send the Campaing?

I have never seen the behavior like that in other Email Solution!....just wonder if anyone have already discussed that!!!

Thanks again!!! :)

Man, I'm really impressed with you!!!
Thanks sooo much!
Choose more then one list is something really important in EmailMarketing :).

Thanks again!

hummm! looks like if I Unsubscribe from the Newsletter, the email is not unsubscribed from the list, because was from the merged list.
Anyway to workaround that!?

That extension only triggers in /customer area under certain routes as shown below:
PHP:
Yii::app()->hooks->addFilter('customer_model_lists_behaviors', function($behaviors){
            $behaviors['discardMergedLists'] = array(
                'class'         => 'ext-alter-list-queries.components.db.behaviors.DiscardMergedListsBehavior',
                'applyOnRoutes' => array(
                    'lists/index', 'lists/create', 'lists/update', 'lists/overview', 'lists/all_subscribers', 
                    'dashboard/lists_growth', 'dashboard/glance',
                    'lists_tools/index', 'campaigns/create'
                ),
            );
            return $behaviors;
        });
So i doubt it will interfere with the unsubscribe process.

Hi, I mean, if I unsubscribe from a Newsletter with Merged List, is the email unsubscribed from the original list??
I did a test and did not unsubscribed......

Hi, I mean, if I unsubscribe from a Newsletter with Merged List, is the email unsubscribed from the original list??
I did a test and did not unsubscribed......
Try to edit your merged list, and give attention to the "Subscriber actions" section ;)

Hi,
Now I tested a few things. (1.3.6.5)
1. Unsubsribe link tag is: [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]
After the unsubscribe page to "unsubscribe reason" field where the information is displayed?
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0075xsrlff

2. I set merged list if someone unsubscribe, the "List1" can unsubscribe down.

screen:
All list: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0065xst096
Merged list unsubscribe setting: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0905xst7f0
result:
- merged list: unsubscribe status
- "List1" list: Active status

the way it should work, if you unsubscribe of the merged list, you can also unsubscribe to the original list?
what amount to set wrong?

@MORGENS Design - If a unsubscribe reason is added, that info is shown in the unsubscribe report for each campaign.
the way it should work, if you unsubscribe of the merged list, you can also unsubscribe to the original list?
what amount to set wrong?
I know, we'd need to make this happen in near future, for now merged lists become a totally separate list without connections to other lists.
You have to edit the merged list and set LIST actions on subscribe/unsubscribe so that it removes subscribers from the merged lists.

it should work, if you unsubscribe merged list, you can also unsubscribe to the other list.

because it does not work, to subscribe to a different group.

@MORGENS Design - I just tried the check/uncheck thing now and for me it works good. Can you PM me and give me customer login info and the list name where you do the change and they don't save?

Back