mdp-go still needed with recent update?

Brett

Previously I was using mdp-go which worked well.
With the new update and parallel processing is mdp-go no longer needed?

hey,

slightly enlarging on that question above, i have been using mdp-go hugely, with some issues of it cutting out here and there and dropping when i close my command-line program :S

how does the new update make mdp-go redundant per se? Will the per minute output to any server be as big as it is with mdp-go?

thanks

and dropping when i close my command-line program :S
You should use nohup command to send the process in background and don't worry about it when closing the terminal:
Code:
nohup ./mdp-go >/dev/null 2>&1
how does the new update make mdp-go redundant per se?
It uses PHP's native implementation for forking processes, it's called PCNTL. If you ahve that extension on your server, you should be fine.

Will the per minute output to any server be as big as it is with mdp-go?
No, but will be close. MDP is written in GO language, which is a language designed for concurrency and parallelist. PHP isn't.

Hope it helps.

ah okay thanks for clearing that up.

i was actually using the nohup command also, but i took it wrong from the github page;

10. If everything works properly, send it in background using nohup ./mdp-go >/dev/null 2>&1 &
https://github.com/twisted1919/mdp-go

cool though, thanks for clearing that up
will update when i can, can i jump from 1.3.5.7 to 1.3.5.9?

thanks

will update when i can, can i jump from 1.3.5.7 to 1.3.5.9?
Yes you can but when you reach the upgrade screen, it will inform you that you also can do the upgrade from command line, and will provide you exact instructions on how to do it. Do that, do the upgrade from command line because if you do it from the browser, it might timeout because of the database changes and you might end up with a broken app.

Back