Mass email Marketing - Shared IPs or Dedicated ones?

euro123

Hi there guys,

I've been sending either Newsletters with current subscribers and also some targetted cold mass emailing (100k emails day to different countries) for around 1.5 years. We've been having amazing results. Although, some problems I face almost everyday with Mass emailing is definitely the delivery problem, yeah I mean.. it's normal, after all I'm using shared IP's and so on (sometimes a really have to stop sending campaigns due to the spaminess level that one IP got into). My question is, do you think it's worth to send 100k emails via your own IP's, even if it's "cold email"?

Some shared SMTP's I have been using:

- Sendgrid (the oldest I have - it really depends on the day)
- Amazon SES (definitely the best one)
- Elasticemail (hum, low delivery)
- Mailgun (slow one)
- Sendinblue (40 emails hourly quota)

I feel I am loosing tons of quality leads using this method, but I'm quite afraid of warming up the IPs and then because I'm sending cold emails and eventually, have a bad campaign that I'll destroy the reputation. Kindly share your opinion and also, which SMTP's have you been using (if the case).

Cheers

It is best to use your own dedicated IPs if you properly warm them up. We have using Vestacp/Exim on our servers with multiple dedicated ips and with proper warmup, we have an avg. open rate of more than 15% on cold emails.

Although we do make sure that our bounce rate is minimum and we have to be very patient with services like Gmail & Hotmail. Proper Feedback loops does help alot along with proper DKIM, SPF, DMARC authentications.

Major Benefits

1. We can control our own volume.
2. No need to setup multiple DKIM & SPF for different providers.
3. Easily Handle multiple From email domains using same DKIM & SPF.

I'm really interested to hear people's view on this as well!

I recently sent a test email via SendGrid server and the first (shared) IP used was a blacklisted one, so just bad luck for me.. lucky it was only a test!

What do you guys think of IP warmup services? Are they legit?

I'm really interested to hear people's view on this as well!

I recently sent a test email via SendGrid server and the first (shared) IP used was a blacklisted one, so just bad luck for me.. lucky it was only a test!

What do you guys think of IP warmup services? Are they legit?

Why not warmup your own ips properly. Its time consuming but atleast u can follow the guideline and do things properly.

Why not warmup your own ips properly. Its time consuming but atleast u can follow the guideline and do things properly.
I understand you use Vesta. Do you do so in conjunction with MailWizz? I am having trouble connecting the two. Are there resources to setup Vesta to send mail with Exim and MW?

I understand you use Vesta. Do you do so in conjunction with MailWizz? I am having trouble connecting the two. Are there resources to setup Vesta to send mail with Exim and MW?

Yes we do use and setup Mailwizz with VestaCP (exim) and with proper DKIM and SPF setup and IP rotation in exim.

But how do you do it with mailwizz?
I am not sure about your question. The IP warmup rules tell you how much you can start sending with and how much you can increase and when.
In MailWizz you can do this by giving your delivery servers proper quota and pause times.

I am not sure about your question. The IP warmup rules tell you how much you can start sending with and how much you can increase and when.
In MailWizz you can do this by giving your delivery servers proper quota and pause times.

I know what has to be done in order to warm up a server. Just didnt know it can be done with MW.

Back