MailWizz v2.1.10

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We are pleased to announce today we released MailWizz 2.1.10.
Here you can see most notable changes:
Code:
--- -------------------------------------------
--- Version 2.1.10 - 2022-05-02
--- -------------------------------------------
[ADD] - Added support for Embed Images for Mailgun Web Api
[BUG] - Fix a bug in the Symfony Mailer implementation for embed images 
[RMV] - Deprecated AppInitHelper::fixRemoteAddress 
[ADD] - Added options to tell the app it is running under a reverse proxy so that it extracts the right IP addresses for visitors 
[SEC] - Fixed a bug that allowed guest users to bypass the anti-brute login mechanism and do more login requests that allowed 
[CHG] - Changed the way we retrieve the IP addresses of visitors. See https://www.mailwizz.com/kb/ip-detection-changes-since-2-1-10/   
[BUG] - The search extension would show the search modal in the login screen when it should not 
[ADD] - Implemented backoff/throttle for failed login attempts
[ADD] - Added Warmup Plans for delivery servers, to build sender reputation over a period of time. See https://www.mailwizz.com/kb/delivery-servers-warmup-plans/

Without a doubt, the most important feature we added is Warmup Plans for Delivery Servers. This is a huge feature which takes MailWizz to the next level, which will allow you to improve your sender reputation over time, automatically. Big thanks to @ghimes whom implemented most of this feature.

Another important change is the IP Detection changes we had to do, please make sure you read about this as well and take proper action if needed be.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for the update! I have a few questions for the warmup plans example that you provide on the page (https://www.mailwizz.com/kb/delivery-servers-warmup-plans/):

1) In your example, what number of emails to send does MW start with? Can I set the initial number of emails to start with, for MW warmup campaign, and it would start from that number on Day 1?

2) The "Sending increment percentage" - is this per day? It is set to increase by 10% and hourly, does this mean if it sends 10 emails the very first hour, it would send 10,1 (=10) the next hour, 10% more every next hour, which makes a total of 373 emails in the very first day?

3) Is the "sending count" - the number of DAYS to send?

4) What is your recommended warmup schedule for a brand new sending domain that wants to send 8000-10000 emails daily eventually?

5) With the warmup process, do we actually need to reach the target number of emails we want to be sending, before starting to send that number of emails daily? e.g. if I want to be sending 8000 emails daily, my target on the warmup should be 8000? or can it be 6000 for example, and I would be able to send 8000 when the warmup is complete?

6) If I have a list of 10.000 subscribers - and MW warmup starts sending to 100 on day 1, then the next 200 from the list on day 2 and so on, (just an example) - and, say, on Day 20, it would need to send to 7500 subscribers, then on Day 21 - to 7900 subscribers, etc. Would it keep on sending to the same list every day once we approach Day 30 of the warmup campaign? So say it has the full list of 10.000 "used" by day 12, would it simply start from the beginning of the list on Day 13? How does this work? (I mean, the list is 10.000 but the total messages count to reach 10.000 emails daily would be way, way higher so my question is how MW handles that. for example - I setup a test warmup plan to reach 6000 sends on Day 30, and I can see it will send a total of 55049 messages. How will MW do that with a 10.000 list? will it just rotate subscribers 5+ times?)

7) I read everything several times on your Delivery Servers Warmup Plans page - however, I am not sure I understand the "Sending quota type" correctly. If I set this to Hourly, and the "Sending increment percentage" is set to 10% - does this mean MW would send 10% more emails every hour? And if this is set to Daily - does this mean it would send 10% more emails every next day?

8) Does MW send the same message throughout the whole warmup campaign? Or can a different message be added for every different send? This is related to my question #6 above - if it starts rotating the list eventually, would the same message be sent to the same subscribers?

9) If I set two warmup campaigns for THE SAME delivery server, with a goal to send to 2 different lists - would MW process all the messages without any issues, due to the fact that it's the same delivery server?

Thank you!

Last edited:
) In your example, what number of emails to send does MW start with? Can I set the initial number of emails to start with, for MW warmup campaign, and it would start from that number on Day 1?
No, you cannot set this. MW will set this based on the numbers you choose. Once you save the warmup plan, you will see the generated schedule. So feel free to play with the numbers.

2) The "Sending increment percentage" - is this per day? It is set to increase by 10% and hourly, does this mean if it sends 10 emails the very first hour, it would send 10,1 (=10) the next hour, 10% more every next hour, which makes a total of 373 emails in the very first day?
It takes into consideration Sending quota type, so if that is Daily, yes is per Day, if is Hourly, it will be hourly.

3) Is the "sending count" - the number of DAYS to send?
No really, depends on the Sending quota type. And is the number of the generated schedules each schedule applying a quota on the delivery server.

5) With the warmup process, do we actually need to reach the target number of emails we want to be sending, before starting to send that number of emails daily? e.g. if I want to be sending 8000 emails daily, my target on the warmup should be 8000? or can it be 6000 for example, and I would be able to send 8000 when the warmup is complete?
Once you assign the warmup plan to a delivery server, the delivery server will have the quota of the first schedule. Only when that quota is depleted, MW will move on to the next schedule and the new quota will be set to the DS.
6) If I have a list of 10.000 subscribers - and MW warmup starts sending to 100 on day 1, then the next 200 from the list on day 2 and so on, (just an example) - and, say, on Day 20, it would need to send to 7500 subscribers, then on Day 21 - to 7900 subscribers, etc. Would it keep on sending to the same list every day once we approach Day 30 of the warmup campaign? So say it has the full list of 10.000 "used" by day 12, would it simply start from the beginning of the list on Day 13? How does this work? (I mean, the list is 10.000 but the total messages count to reach 10.000 emails daily would be way, way higher so my question is how MW handles that. for example - I setup a test warmup plan to reach 6000 sends on Day 30, and I can see it will send a total of 55049 messages. How will MW do that with a 10.000 list? will it just rotate subscribers 5+ times?)
The warmup plan is not responsible itself to send emails, it just handles the quota of the delivery server, so you will send emails in a controlled manner. It just take care of the delivery server quota. While having applied a warmup plan for your DS, you are sending campaigns as usual.

7) I read everything several times on your Delivery Servers Warmup Plans page - however, I am not sure I understand the "Sending quota type" correctly. If I set this to Hourly, and the "Sending increment percentage" is set to 10% - does this mean MW would send 10% more emails every hour? And if this is set to Daily - does this mean it would send 10% more emails every next day?
See the response for 3). Do not think at this schedules like something that happens daily/hourly. Depending on the Sending quota type, the schedule quota is applied on the daily or hourly quota of the delivery server. To complete a schedule can take more days if you are not sending more emails than the quota of the schedule.

8) Does MW send the same message throughout the whole warmup campaign? Or can a different message be added for every different send? This is related to my question #6 above - if it starts rotating the list eventually, would the same message be sent to the same subscribers?
See the response to question 6.
9) If I set two warmup campaigns for THE SAME delivery server, with a goal to send to 2 different lists - would MW process all the messages without any issues, due to the fact that it's the same delivery server?
You can set a warmup plan for a delivery server and send as many campaigns as you want using that DS. The warmup plan cares only about applying the correct quota on the DS.

I suggest you to read again the article and also the play a little bit with setting up a Warmup Plan. When setting it up, each input is having useful informations as tooltips.

Cosmin

Thank you for the detailed answers, that makes sense!

Two questions I still have:

1) If I have TWO campaigns active, with the same delivery server (that has warmup plan attached) - and they both need to run, how would MW "split" the sending? e.g. if the warmup plan needs to send 600 emails in the upcoming hour, would it send 300 from campaign1 and 300 from campaign2? Or how would it work?

2) So I need to constantly have campaigns active/running, in order for the warmup to process those sendings every hour, right? e.g. when one campaign finishes because it has been sent to the whole list, but the warmup needs to send 700 emails tomorrow, I need to setup SOME campaign on MW, with that delivery server, in order for the warmup to keep going? if I pause the campaign on for one day, it would send the next needed number of emails as soon as I unpause the campaign the next day?

Thank you!

1) If I have TWO campaigns active, with the same delivery server (that has warmup plan attached) - and they both need to run, how would MW "split" the sending? e.g. if the warmup plan needs to send 600 emails in the upcoming hour, would it send 300 from campaign1 and 300 from campaign2? Or how would it work?
There's no guarantee on how this will split the sending, one campaign can send all 600 while the other none, or 590 with 10, etc.
So don't expect even distribution in this case.

2) So I need to constantly have campaigns active/running, in order for the warmup to process those sendings every hour, right?
Even if you don't have, the number of emails left for a certain hour will be reported to the enxt hour when you have emails to send.

Thank you. So then, for my question #1, I am thinking - maybe, in order to have it split 50/50, it would be best to do it this way? Let's say my target daily sending after 30 days should be 6000 emails/day:

1) Create a warmup plan that would have HALF of the total target set as target (3000), and, accordingly, it would create a schedule to do HALF of all the daily sending = 3000 emails after 30 days.
2) Create Delivery Server 1 (DS1) and assign that warmup plan.
3) Create Delivery Server 2 (DS2) which is exactly the SAME sending email as DS1, and assign the same warmup plan to it.
4) Create two different campaigns - one, using DS1, and the second one, using DS2, (both DS1 and DS2 are the same sending email) and start them.

This way, when both of these campaigns are running, MW would send the set number of the warmup plan emails every day for each of these campaigns (3000 per campaign), meaning it would use the target goal of reaching 6000 emails/day total per both campaigns, in 30 days.

Technically, this would be the solution, right? Or is there an easier way to "split"? (the reason for splitting is I want to be sending to 2 different lists every day, in equal parts)

Thanks!

Back