mailwizz template editor encoding ampersands problem

emailwrks

Hi,

I have noticed the template editor, in regards to http links, is inserting 'amp;' after each '&', to form a fully encoded ampersand '&'

like so; http://domain.co/index.php?offer_id=65&aff_id=1

it does this after each save of a template, or copy of a campaign, whether it be HTML or TEXT.

A scenario has arisen where i have been copying campaigns, and this has happened. My server was didnt have domain tracking on, which i needed it to be off for this scenario. But i'm concerned it has been affecting my links with domain tracking in place.

So basically this extra amp inserted by the editor, has broken the link completely when clicked by a user. The system i am using does not recognise the links! So i have been seeing a massive increase in click numbers as people repeatedly click like mad.

Any way to shut off the template editor doing this please? Its really frustrating to have don all this work on my emails for nothing.

Just going to replace my support package shortly..

thanks

This is interesting since we have some code in place for this actual reason, to replace & with &
I'll have to take a look at this to check it further, can you open a support ticket with the html template BEFORE it is processed by mailwizz to change the ampersands ?

This is interesting since we have some code in place for this actual reason, to replace & with &
I'll have to take a look at this to check it further, can you open a support ticket with the html template BEFORE it is processed by mailwizz to change the ampersands ?
Adding to that that when using plain text there were numerous errors last time checked. Simply insert the whole ASCII table for testing. Thanks.

I don't think this is connected. Do you have any tracking link that leads to a 404? If yes, add it here.
Can you fully test plain text, including purposefully input spaces not to be taken out (imagine centered text having spaces at the beginning of the lines)?

Back