Mailwizz installed on Multiple servers

@Rob,

Thank's for the lecture, but my question was simply a request for clarification, nothing more. I did not fully understand how MW sends in parallel, but how I do, which was the original objective.

We run a pretty decent size AWS infrastructure in multiple regions, thus has a very deep understanding relative to clustering, scaling, etc. Yes, I am new to MW.

Again; Thank You.

Hi @Inet

I think that finally I understand your doubts.

But, can you give me an idea about how much emails you want to send?
You're using only Cloud instances on AWS?
Database on the instance or AWS DB Service?
You're using your own MTA or a Service to deliver your emails?

Thanks,

@Rob

Per my prior message, we are just starting with MW. For email, we have been using other solutions. We do not have a bandwidth issue, etc.

Since you appear to interested on the setup see below.

Our platform is 100% AWS. We do keep a few NY Digital Ocean instances for development, and a few admin functions. Our general highlevel setup, not exclusive to email is as follows:

a. Load balancer with sticky sessions. (In all cases we use application DB based session management).
b. A min of two EC2 instances with an auto-scale group.
c. AWS-RDS / MySQL multi-zone
d. All media is served via S3 including email images.
e. Route53 for DNS services.

Delivery transport is a balancing act, but in most cases it's made up of Elastic Email, SES, and clients own server. We require a lengthy warm-up and slow migration. The client's email server is used for a small fraction of the traffic to improve reputation. Needless to say, we use SPF, DKIM and DMRAC.

We favor VPC over Classic.

@Inet

You mentioned only @Rob, but I'll share some experiences and thoughts.

AWS is incredible. Clear to me. But sometimes, no more than a GREAT WAY to burn money.

Load balancer, auto-scale, multi-zone... Yes great!! Again, incredible...
But, do you really need this? Really? Ok. If not... forget about this.
Why this level of complexity if you don't need?

S3 is a good service for storage...
But, what about Cloudflare?
This service is so powerful that... I forget about S3 and Cloudfront ($$$) - (thinking about this task ok?)
I have all my media stored on my disk and CloudFlare do the rest...

Route53 is good. No more than this.
How much queries/etc/etc? I don't want to waste my time with this.
I use Dyn... Here you can have all the power you need and do what you want to do...
And I don't think that I'm wrong...

amazon-dns.png

I use DnsMadeEasy too... The ANAME record is really useful, really.
There's a lot more.

ElasticEmail is great, but SES is just the cheaper.
Why waste time thiking about warm-up?
Mandrill can do it for you... Why not?
There's a lot of services that can help you.

SPF and DKIM is the first step...
DMARC require more attention and this is something that very soon will be a "first step"... too.
Take a look a this service that can help you too:
http://www.dmarcanalyzer.com/

So.. I hate AWS? I want to change everything you wrote?
One of my smarthosts, the most important, work very well:

amazon-smarthost.png

Powered by AWS, inexpensive and... I'm not an engineer, network super start.. The service is awesome.

Anyway, my little monster at SoftLayer, that is not more than a basic machine will beat your instance.
You can try, but not without a powerful and very specific instance at AWS that will cost a lot of money.

I'm using two raids (that not so fast RAID 1)
- 1st use two SSD disks that I can say, makes me smile!
- 2nd use two Raptors to storage only...

Wow, this can fail? There's no doubt... But I'm waiting for 3 years...
I have the redundancy that I need.. Disks, Network... and a good backup plan.
And SoftLayer Support and Tools is something that make me happy, and don't let that feeling that I'm alone...

Sendgrid.. (a lot of servers/services related with email and the website) run on SoftLayer.
Plus, use CloudFlare and DnsMadeEasy too.

What about this:
o11.mktg.hubspot.com

- Softlayer
- Dyn

SO, WHAT I WANT?

Share my experience. At some point I realized that I was locked and living in a Hell because all my time was dedicated to all this complexity.
WOW, I was able to send more than 500K messages in less than a hour.. using the cheaper dedicated server available and one not so great SSD disk with 12GB with my penguin and EXIM... But believe, this was not easy, not easy.

Mandrill, Mailgun, ElasticEmail really changed my life... finally I was able to do a simple thing that I love: write code :D
And have at that time, that strange feeling of... PEACE OF MIND!
Believe, Our software works great and still exist... More than 2TB of Bounces/Complains was processed...
But this is not a that kind of work that you can say sometime like: DONE!

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND.
I'M NOT TRYING TO SAY "I'M RIGHT" AND "YOU'RE WRONG"...

We're a small company, with HUGE challenges here in Brazil and we love what we do.
And we want to go on... So all this is about love :D

The service is important, but YOU ARE THE KEY.
Please don't get angry with me by this "short" message and PSEUDO English.
I hope that this info are valid and maybe, useful.

PS: My adventure with MailWizz are powered by Google Cloud... I'm enjoying... :D
https://complete.fmailapp.net/

@Rob,

Thank's for the lecture, but my question was simply a request for clarification, nothing more. I did not fully understand how MW sends in parallel, but how I do, which was the original objective.

We run a pretty decent size AWS infrastructure in multiple regions, thus has a very deep understanding relative to clustering, scaling, etc. Yes, I am new to MW.

Again; Thank You.

You may see it as a lecture however I was merely trying to provide a full an answer as possible. I could have assumed you knew what you were doing when in fact you had never managed a cluster before and provided a monosyllabic response. Besides which, this thread is for others as well, not just you.

@Rob

Per my prior message, we are just starting with MW. For email, we have been using other solutions. We do not have a bandwidth issue, etc.

Our platform is 100% AWS. We do keep a few NY Digital Ocean instances for development, and a few admin functions. Our general highlevel setup, not exclusive to email is as follows:

a. Load balancer with sticky sessions. (In all cases we use application DB based session management).

Delivery transport is a balancing act, but in most cases it's made up of Elastic Email, SES, and clients own server. We require a lengthy warm-up and slow migration. The client's email server is used for a small fraction of the traffic to improve reputation. Needless to say, we use SPF, DKIM and DMRAC.

@Rob

Just to clarify, I didn't ask you what your setup was.

Back