Mailwizz Hourly Quota and Email Per Minute Doesn't Work

Ajie

Hi,

I just tried to warm up my new IP and installed mailwizz with localhost SMTP with 1 email per minute in cron setting and 30 emails hourly in the delivery servers.
Turns out that mailwizz seems didn't follow the rules when I set up a new campaign and already sent like 132 emails in just 1 minute, when I saw this I just paused the campaign so it won't send anymore because I'm afraid I'll get blacklisted if I sent to fast from a new IP.

Why did this happen?

Please help.

Attachments

• 2018-01-02_193412.png
    2018-01-02_193412.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 2018-01-02_193240.png
    2018-01-02_193240.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 2018-01-02_193042.png
    2018-01-02_193042.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 49
@Ajie - Put "Subscribers at once" to 1 if you only want a single subscriber to go out per minute for each campaign you're sending.
Regarding the hourly quota, can you look at the time each email has gone out and see the time difference?
Also, do you have a single delivery server ? Maybe the emails went out using other delivery server.

@Ajie - Put "Subscribers at once" to 1 if you only want a single subscriber to go out per minute for each campaign you're sending.
Regarding the hourly quota, can you look at the time each email has gone out and see the time difference?
Also, do you have a single delivery server ? Maybe the emails went out using other delivery server.
Thanks for your prompt response.
I have multiple delivery servers, and you're right, when I checked the logs, this campaign also run with other delivery server, how to prevent that?

You have an option to select delivery servers in campaigns(backend>settings>customers), so enable it, then in campaign, select the right delivery server.

@twisted1919 - Correct me if I'm wrong

IF I want to send 3,600 emails per hour: I need to set like below
Hourly Quota: 3,600
Email per minute: 60
Subscriber at once: 1

IF I want to send 7,200 emails per hour: I need to set like below
Hourly Quota: 7,200
Email per minute: 120
Subscriber at once: 2

@Kenny - if you want to just send 3600 emails per hour is enough to set 3600 in the hourly quota field of the delivery server. That's all.
If you have more than one delivery server, then the problem becomes a bit complex, but you should not need to throttle the speed from any other place than from the delivery server settings.

@twisted1919 I need help regarding this issue. It seems like my hourly quota for a particular sending server not working.
I set up 30 hourly quota for a server, turns out it sent 9k for 30 minutes.

I checked the Campaign Delivery Logs and it sent exactly just using that server.
How to troubleshoot this?

@Ajie - Using 1.5.1 ?
What you describe is very unlikely anyway, if you'd set those limits, mailwizz could go over them with a few emails but not with so many like you shown, so i suggest you double check things.

Yes using 1.5.1
Attached is my Delivery Servers setting and Cron setting, maybe you could give a clue of what might be wrong?

mw1.png mw2.png

I'm sorry I'm not following you, how can it work together?
Because I have like 20 external SMTP servers, the Cron setting must work for all delivery servers.
This one makes no sense to me: 2018-01-02_193042.png
5x100, but 1/m? Please just read the info boxes for each field, and think about the process, then it will become clear.

Not sure if I found this.
Once on that page, just put in "send" and many pages will come up, then read thoroughly, since there is lots of very useful info there.

@Ajie . @frm.mwz - if a delivery server in particular has a hourly or daily or monthly quota, it will not go over that, it's impossible in the way the checks are done.
For this two happen, you either have to aggressively delete the cache files of the app (either redis or file cache) or to delete the logs for delivery servers. Otherwise, there is absolutely no way.

Back